need help box for 2 18's

playyamxz550
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Memphis
Im getting 2 18in audioque's alumium coils in about a week or so, now I no they like at least 5 cube ft each, room really inst a problem its going into an escalade. So with that said would a box of 12 cubes be really nice for these on 2 2200d's eventally. Im good at math and i have aviabilty to put those metal rods in and cut them also. I have bin around alot of people that build boxes but not 100% of what I have to exactly do i no 4 of those metal rods would probley be good, thick mdf, I drew up a design but I do not know how to load up pictures.

main questions

Im going to have both d1 subs hooked up to 1 audioque 2200d amp for a while but how would i do this just run the wires out the port because I will have to rewire it when i get the other 2200d and run both of them and should i just keep the wires running outta the port I see people drill holes in the back but I feel like the air would come out and that looks sloppy?

Should I paint the inside of the box and can someone tell me exactly how to, and can someone post a picture of maybe there 2 18in build for a box going in a truck im deffently wanna do port out the back subs facing up but as for the wood inside of the box im not 100$ sure how to place it correctly how long and cuts and what not?

I forgot this is gonna be a daily setup tuned to 35hz, can someone please help me if you have good knowlegde on building port encolosers for 2 18's or have pics

this is best option for switching ohm loads. terminals on both sides of the box (inside and out)so u can alwasy switch up any wire and stuff.

100_0638.jpg

12cubes net would be nice, 16^2 port area per cube. 35hz tuning will be strong on the lows. Do 1/4-20 bolts for terminals on the back of the box. Do a set for each sub so no wires show through the port. you can jumper them on the outside of the box until you get the 2nd amp.

okay thanks and, I was always wondering what is that black paint or something u see in the port sometimes i guess it helps air flow better can someone please tell me how to do that

so would a box of 13.5^3 ft be good for the 2 thats 6.75 cube for each.............one question this might be hard to explain but on the port im going to have an L into the inside of the box do i make the room and the side of the wall the same as the actal port its self yea right?

im talking 13.5 cube's just as the actal box its self for the subs and then after port and everything i guess it would be around 15 cubic ft

You have more then enough room. We do say the 18 likes 6+ I try to stay around 7ish myself.

With your minimal knowledge of enclosure design and structure I suggest you buy a design. Right now RAM is one of the best at the designs. If you have not purchased your subs yet, then ask about an enclosure design at the time of order.

well how many cubic ft do I have and one of my buddies in my area is a great box builder but he wants 400$ for a box comepletly done when this box is only gonna be in there for about 4 months until I get 2 more 18's then hes building me a big box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.