Need Help/Advice

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey im a NEWB but ive done some research and i put this setup together in my head and i was looking to see if someone who actually knows alot about audio thinks what im thinking is a good idea or a big huge mistake here are the subs,bow, and amp

Subs 2 CVR124 dual 4 ohm

looked at the ported box specs for those subwoofers(Between 1.75 and 2.25 cubic feet) but i found a box which has 3.7 cubic feet

And this amp Hifonics HFI1000

IM TOTALLY NEW so please help me out i would appreciate it if someone who really knows could guide me in the right way im not looking for competition or anything extravagant i just want some good bass for the music i listen to which is mostly reggea and DUB..like i said this is just for me to drive everyday in my car not for competition so i really dont want to spend alot but dont also want something crappy please guide this newb in the right direction THANKS!!!!!!!!

Budget for everything the highest probably 500-600 all together box amp and 2 12s if this is possible..be patient with me im a newb lol and it would be going into a 2001 maxima which has a pretty big trunk

okay if u have a hatch back a jeep a 4 runner for example, u want a ported enclosure because the air flow is constantly moving between the cab of the car and the trunk.if your working with jettas ford tauruses for example which have sealed trunks from the cab u want to go with sealed enclosures.the sound quality makes a big difference trust me i have had both in my day,but any who then your amp is it 2 channel or mono block then can it put out the power u need for the subs at a 4 ohm load the same reading as your subs.

the stuff you mentioned is pretty junk tbh..

if you want to go with a hifonics amp get the BRZ 1200. the Hfi1000 is terrible. Hifonics' HFI line doesn't do what it says it does, the BRZ is overall better.

ok so i choose garbage things i kinda had that thought lol what 12s are good not expensive and not crappy either? this is just for me to listen in the car and sound nice not to let the city listen to my bass

the stuff you mentioned is pretty junk tbh..
if you want to go with a hifonics amp get the BRZ 1200. the Hfi1000 is terrible. Hifonics' HFI line doesn't do what it says it does, the BRZ is overall better.

Ok so what 2 12s would be good with this BRZ 1200 in an enclosed box since i think my maxima has a sealed trunk thanks for the help by the way

okay if u have a hatch back a jeep a 4 runner for example, u want a ported enclosure because the air flow is constantly moving between the cab of the car and the trunk.if your working with jettas ford tauruses for example which have sealed trunks from the cab u want to go with sealed enclosures.the sound quality makes a big difference trust me i have had both in my day,but any who then your amp is it 2 channel or mono block then can it put out the power u need for the subs at a 4 ohm load the same reading as your subs.
um no sir.

their is nothing wrong with having ported or sealed no matter what vehicle it is

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.