Need Help/Advice...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Qckrun
10+ year member

Somewhere
Ok heres the situation. I have a 69 VW Bug, and the biggest Alterntor i can get is a 75 amp one. So i have a Truck battery in my bug. I Have 2 RF Hx2 Punches 10", and a Soundstream 1000-2 amp, with Polk Audio Momo 6 1/2 components, with a Panasonic 602 Headunit. Ok here is my question, i have a few questions.

1st- Do you think hooking up another Battery, would be a good idea?

2nd: Should i just get a cap and see how it goes?

3rd: What type of Battery if i got a second should i get? Optima, Stinger, Lightning Audio?

4th: If i did get another battery how would i hookem up?

Thanks,

Chris

First the cap will help your bass but thats about it..A second battery is fine and recommended if you are gonna listen @ high volumes or listen with the car off.. You can have the alt rewound and is usually very effective.. Since I have never seen the inside of a bugs engine comp I cant say that this is feasable but you could go to a machine shop and have another alt bracket made to run to the second battery just for the system....To use a second batter off one alt I would use a battery isolator.

Mike

What do you mean by this? you could go to a machine shop and have another alt bracket made to run to the second battery just for the system? Would this be a big bracket, or small? I'm sure i might be able to fit somehting of what your saying in there maybe, but im confused on what you mean. Also, i kinda confused. I can run a battery isolator off of the 1 alt to both batteries? Thanks

The second alt thing was only an idea that can work if you have the space. Basicall it would be a seperate charging system for the stereo. The size depends on the alt you wanna put in there ..about the same size as the factory one.. If you want a bigger alt a mach. shop can fab a bracket to run a GM alt to use in place of the factory one..may be easier than a second alt.

If you just want to go ith a second battery then a simple battery isolator will work.. It will keep the system from drawing

Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.