need HELP adjusting Amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

derekls
10+ year member

Hello ,

I have a Question ......... i have a 12 inch mtx 8000 series 2002 model sub.......it is 400 watts rms and 800 watts peak...... and the AMp i have hooked up to it is a PPI 2360 it does 360w X 1 at 4 ohms, i have it in a 2000 s10 reg cab... and i was wondering how much i should turn the gain up .......it is alittle over half way now.......and what aobut hte other settings....... Please help ..................... i want to be heard comiong down the road ........

thanks

The gain isn't a volume control... it is supposed to match the output level of your deck. So do this:

- Turn the gain all the way counter-clockwise on the amp... or off, basically.

- Set your EQ to "Flat" (no bass) on your deck, and turn up the volume until you hear it distort. At this point, back off the volume a few notches, then leave it there.

- Now, turn the gain up on your amp until it once again distorts. At this point, back off the gain a little bit, then leave it there.

This way, your amp output is in equal with your deck output. If you can't hear your sub from outside your car with your gain turned all the way up, then you may not be able to hear the sub outside the car regardless of what you do.

Scott

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.