Need design help for my ported box

Participant count
  • Participant list

bassfun

LA
Hi I hv following sub and amp.

1. Alpine SWE-1242 sub, 12", 4ohms, 250w rms

2. Pioneer GM-3300T amp, 2channel bridgealbe, 150w rms @ 4ohms

I built a sealed box at volume 1.06 cu/ft but it didn't give the bass I like. That mean I cannot feel the bass out side of my car. If I want to feel it, I hv to raise the volume, loudness & source level of my Pioneer head unit. And I hv learned that it is better to use a ported box to hv louder bass for my such small 150w amp. So, I need you guys help to build my ported box. The biggest dimension I get for my trunk space is 19"x16"x15". Frm that I need optimum box dimension, port size & length out of my current sub and amp.

Thanks in advance

(if possible, kindly send box design to thetsheet@gmail.com)

bassfun

seriously though try this http://www.reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html

it's a basic L-port calc just type in your max dims (leave thickness set to .75 ) and viola just play with the port width and length 2 to tune to desired freq great newbie tool get out there and try to build it it'll be fun just post lots of pics //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

seriously though try this http://www.reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.htmlit's a basic L-port calc just type in your max dims (leave thickness set to .75 ) and viola just play with the port width and length 2 to tune to desired freq great newbie tool get out there and try to build it it'll be fun just post lots of pics //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Thanks, I am trying with it.

I am tuning it arnd 31Hz but I don't know it will be good for my sub.

I doubt I'll have much extra time tonight but I could whip something up for you at some point hopefully

Thanks a lot if you can provide detail design (L x B x H, port size & length)

I played arnd with re box calculator, it come up with several design for different tuning frequency but I do not know which one will be suitable for my sub spec.

man you spell worst that i do

anywho tuning to 33 aintn gonna be what your looking for, nor will 150watts, but lets work with what you have.

i would build a 2cu ft box tuned to 40hz. the bigger box will give ya bit more effectiancy and the higher tuning should net you the out put you want

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.