Central Region Need custom box - DFW area

IA,IL,IN,KS,MI,MO,MN,NE,OH,OK,TX,WI

dsmdavid

Hey all,

I am going to be putting my system together in Mid February, but I wanted to get some ideas for custom boxes and if anyone around this area could make me one and how much would they charge?

The design is going to be for the trunk of a 2006 KIA Spectra. I only require enough trunk space left over for my golf clubs.

Features I would like include:

Space for my capacitor to be displayed

Space for my amp to be displayed -- separate from the box but still overall aesthetically pleasing. I just don't want it to stand out like a sore thumb.

Clean look for wires to be hidden.

Would like black vinyl on the exterior of the box.

The subs I will be purchasing are 2 - 12" Fi Q series subs with a 2-Ohm dual voice coil. They require the box to be tuned to 27.1 Hz and the site recommends .8-1.5 ft^3 for sealed enclosures.

Looks like you're asking for more than just a box build, more like a complete install. Save yourself money and cover the box and place the amp and cap yourself.

The subs I will be purchasing are 2 - 12" Fi Q series subs with a 2-Ohm dual voice coil. They require the box to be tuned to 27.1 Hz and the site recommends .8-1.5 ft^3 for sealed enclosures.
Are you looking for a Sealed box or for a Ported box? I'm thinking you will have to go sealed to maintain the amount of trunk space you are looking for. False floor may work nicely for "showing off" the amp and the capacitor without going too crazy on the build. Already its sounding like a bit more than just a box.

Could maybe mount the amp/cap to the back of the box and still be able to tune the amp if the back seats fold down.

Hopefully some of the box builders will chime in and be able to give you a ball park number on how much it may cost to do all of this.

contact ~Magick_Man~ his name is Joesph, He is very talented. Search around his name you will see his work. Oh he lives out in Bedford right off of 183/121. so he is not to far //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

btw you cant tune a sealed box....

Thanks! Yea, it's going to be a little more complicated than just a build...I want it to be build specifically for the trunk and the false floor for the amp is a definite possibility. I don't need my spare as I have 24/hour roadside assistance that's 100% free!

And to be honest, mega, I didn't even know box tuning existed until reading up on it for the past couple of hours. I am no expert by any means.

I am looking for a sealed enclosure, and it needs to be such a complicated build because the rear seats do not fold down :-( Else, I'd just do the usual mount on the back seats and generic box inside.

Send me a Pm with what you want.

And if at all possible some pictures of youre trunk.

I bet we can figure something out for you.

And thanks for the recomendation Mega.

~Magick_Man~

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.