need clarification

Participant count
  • Participant list

mrray13
10+ year member

uz some fegbags
IL
ok, if you wire 2 dvc 4ohm subs parallel, that creates a 1ohm load correct?

don't it actually create a 2 ohm load that is then cut in half because of a bridged or mono block amp?

the reason for asking is simply a bet with my brother-in-law. we both agree on the 1ohm load, but not on how it gets there. neither one of us completely understands the math to figure ohm loads.

thnx in advance, and if at all possible, could someone explain it (the math) so i can print it and show him.

Okay here goes: you have two dvc 4 ohm subs. Wiring one in parallel creates one 2 ohm sub, so basically you have two 2 ohm subs, you then wire the 2 subs in parallel, which gives you 1-ohm load. The formula I came up with is: {(Sub1 (2-ohms))x(Sub2 (2-ohms))/(Sub1+ Sub2)}. So 2 subs divided by 2 ohms, gives you 1 ohm. I believe this is correct, but then again I could be wrong.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.