Question about bridging

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 7
  • Views 627
    Participant count
  • Participant list
you will probably get the same result, but personally i think having subs in mono sounds better than having them in stereo

Before we analyze this any further, what are your subs, how many voice coils do they have, what type of amp are you running, and is the amp stable at 2ohms bridged? My wild guess is that you have the RF Punch 250.2 - If this is the case it is designed to run 2 ohms bridged which would put 125 RMS to each speaker.

Alright i have a pair of MTX thunder 6k 10"s. Ive been amp shopping for a week or so, so I dont have an amp yet (the subs arent intalled either, thats next weekends project). The situation I posted was theoretical, i just pulled those numbers out of my ass.

If you didnt know the subs handle 4ohms, with an rms/max of 250/500. Any more help would be greatly appreciated.

i think if your still looking for an amp get a jbl bp-600.1 it would run those subs really good, it is 600watts rms into 2ohms so each sub would get about 300watts rms. you can find them on ebay for about 200 bucks

I agree, check out the rf bd500.1 it would be a good amp also for those subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.