Need Budget Amplifier to Power Components

Drunkship
10+ year member

Hello everyone. I'm in need of assistance and another forum I was on didn't help at all, so I came here in search of advice.

I just purchased a pair of Cadence CWM6-KIT component speakers. Here are the specs:

* 6.5" Aluminum Cone Midrange.

* Butyl Rubber Surround.

* Alloy Bullet Phase Plug.

* 20 oz. Magnet Structure Weight.

* 14K Gold Plated Spade Connectors.

* 1" Silk Soft Dome Tweeter.

* Ferro Fluid Voice Coil Cooling.

* Impedance Matching Crossover Network.

* Tweeter Flush and Surface Mount Mounts.

* 100 Watts RMS/200 Watts Peak

* Frequency Response: 65Hz - 22KHz

* Sensitivity: 93dB @ 1w/1m SPL

* 4 ohm Impedance
I'm looking for a 2-channel amplifier to push these components. I pretty much want it to be exactly 100 RMS watts x 2 channel @ 4 Ohms.

I'm looking to spend around $125 (maybe more if its worth it) for a new amplifier (used/refurbished if in good condition).

I've been looking at a few amplifier on eBay:

- HiFonics TXi 4006

- HiFonics ZXi 4006

- Soundstream PCA2.360

- Soundstream XTA360.2

- Soundstream XTA480.2

Any of these any good? Any that are a better bang for the buck? Let me hear your suggestions, I'm open ears!

Thanks,

Bill

sell you my used Memphis St2004 for $100 shipped OBO. Will do 150w x 2 at 4 ohms bridged. In great mechanical shape, but does have a couple knicks in the finish. PM me if you're interested and I'll get you pics.

And be sure to give a review on that comp set as I'm considering it for the GF's car, but can't really find any feedback on them.
I'll try to give a good review when I get everything installed. I'm going to try to get my friend to help me install it, because I am clueless as to how to do this kind of stuff.

interested in a hifonics zxi6406?
2 x 340-Watts RMS @ 4-Ohms is a little more than I need, but thanks.

power acoustic gothic from millionbuy.com,I run one as a back up amp

on ocassion,sounds as good as stuff triple the price - a bit overrated in power

but for 99.99 I can live with it

The older Optis are good amps. But even if you get it at the minimum price, it'll still be $25 more then the Memphis //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif. Plus, the Memphis puts out 50% more power (meaning it will be less strained when run at the same level). Never had a problem, nor have I known anyone to have a problem with Memphis amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.