Need an opinion RF :vs: Kicker

gxz
10+ year member

OK

i have two RF 12" punch hx2's (500 rms, 1000 peak) with a hifonics bx1000d and they are as loud as hell, ive never heard anything louder/hit harder. and my friend is thinking of gettin two kicker l5's or two l7's and an amp that will go power them at their max rms, and im not even sure if they are that good, but anyway he is getting all cocky thinking that they will blow my RF's away..........

so what do you think of all this? im not sure what to think, all i know is that kicker's are known to have shitty SQ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Thanks in advance.

The hx2's are really good subs and hit harder then the kicker l7. But i would get the power hx2 its alot more powerful.

If you get two of the power hx2 or punchs they will hit harder then the l7 and l5. But SQ will be a little better on the kickers. Not much difference though i would take the hx2's.

L7s are good subs. They dont hit as hard as RF Hx2s would but they would sound alot better.

Now, you see, I've heard just the opposite of that. I heard that solobarics were supposed to be muddy but VERY loud. But without actually hearing one I'm not going to say.

Adam

Now, you see, I've heard just the opposite of that. I heard that solobarics were supposed to be muddy but VERY loud. But without actually hearing one I'm not going to say.
Adam
Likewise, i've heard the Solo Barics will get louder, but the RF will have somewhat better SQ..

The l7 will be louder than the RF. In a good ported box, not too big and not tuned too high u will get with the l7 good sq and they will hit like hell.

Well why not get a bigger amp for the HX2's? I remember a friend had some 15" HX2 Powerseries with a PPI PC 2400 to them (or whatever the PC line was, 2400 or 2500)... man those things hit like a mother, they even broke the seals on his back window and poped it out, and that was in a sealed box. They sounded alright... alittle muddy but not too bad. Another friend of mine has some 15" L7's with the same PPI amp in a ported box and they are no way as loud or hit as hard as the HX2 Powerseries. The L7's did sound a lot cleaner then the HX2's though.

I have heard both. The Hx2's were powered by an Eclipse 32430 (1150watts). The L7's were powered by the model amp in a different vehicle. The L7's hit harder IMO.

The HX2's hit hard, but the L7's hit harder. Plus they're cheaper.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.