Need an EQ, looking at a PPI E.DZ Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

mr b
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hello all,

I need help finding a solid yet affordable eq / crossover. I currently have an AudioControl Three.2 but can't afford another one right now. So I am looking at a new PPI E.DZ which has all of the features I want (Eq, crossover, line driver, etc.).

The problem is that it seems to only have a frequency response of 10-15,000 Hz

Since we hear up to 20,000 Hz, I am worried the unit's cut off at 15,000 Hz will lead to a loss of fidelity.

Does anyone have any opinions on this? Or other thoughts on this unit? I have all top end stuff in the car, Alpine Type S Separates, US Amps amplifiers, JL subs. I don't want this to be the weak link.

The one time I've installed an E.DZ the system had noise. It wasn't alternator noise, just an unusually noise floor that bothered me. The customer wanted the EQ despite having a decent EQ built into the head unit, so it had to stay. Plus it was a weekend car with a 500+ HP engine. I've wanted to try that system without the E.DZ so keep in mind it may raise the noise floor. It tends to happen the more the signal passes through electronics before the amplifiers.

Autotek? Hmmm never even saw it in my research. How do you think it compares to high end units like the AudioControl Three.2? Please don't laugh at the question. I know the AudioControl is $240.00.

Autotek? Hmmm never even saw it in my research. How do you think it compares to high end units like the AudioControl Three.2? Please don't laugh at the question. I know the AudioControl is $240.00.
It's from maxxsonics as mentioned above, so quality wise it not as up there with AC stuft, however, it does clean up your sound very nicely and the eq and crossover points are nice, the crossover can be set to off and not fixed. Overall it a good unit for the money and does what it's design to do very good. The Hifonics HFEQ is the identical unit Hifonics HFEQ 4-Band Equalizer with 9-Volt Line-Driver and

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.