Need an efficient 2-channel amp with good SQ. 400x2RMS @ 4ohms

PrinceCharming
10+ year member

PrinceCharming
I need some suggestions on an efficient 2-channel amp with good SQ putting out at least 400x2 RMS @ 4ohms to drive my JBL C608GTI MKII comp. I know 400 is overpowering them but these can handle some serious wattage and I want plenty of headroom as well. I've been looking at the Lanzar OPTI700X2 but I would like a cheaper alternative if possible. I don't really want to go with a 4-channel unless I have to because I've heard some extra distortion and heat is created, although I have been looking at the PPI 900.4 so if anyone has first hand experience bridging this amp That would be nice to hear about. My budget is $250. Thanks

lol a grand worth of components and 250 for an amp. where do you guys come from with this stuff? that opti is prolly the best for the money but i would be worried with the install of the speakers more than just adding an amp. especially with that kind of power

Class A/B power (actual obtainable power) is still between $.50 and $1.00 per watt at 4 ohm. you are asking for 800 watts but for less than $.30 per watt.

improve your budget.

Boston Acoustics GT2300 is probably your best bet.

Thanks for the suggestions and I forgot to put this on here but if someone could tell me a good 2-channel that's over my budget then I would probably find it used for a better price either on here or somewhere else. That cadence looks good, ill keep it in mind cuz that Lanzar is the same price. Just looking for something cheaper if possible

Sorry but that Crossfire just isn't gonna be enough. The Cadence looks nice and I've heard some really good things about cadence in general. How do you think it compares to the PPI P900.4, the Lanzar OPTI700X2, or the MB Quart QAA2500, Aside from wattage? You probably can't answer that but I thought I would get your opinion if you could.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.