Need amps that can fit under seats

Participant count
  • Participant list

statonburrell
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I'm doing an install in a tacoma double cab with 4 e8s ported and need a 4 channel amp to run the front stage and a mono amp to run the sub stage that can fit under the front seats. Any help would be appreciated. I've been looking at the PDX's but worried about the 4ch not being A/B.

I agree no PDX for me.

I managed to fit a SAX-50.4 under the seat of my 2004 Silverado without problems. It screams too.

There just isn't as much room under seats these days as there used to be. **** sensors and body computers and brake controller boxes and all kinds of electrical BS under seats of cars these days....

Edit: I also got a SAE-1000D under the other seat, it fit too, and I am sure the SAZ-1000D would fit and would be recommended for 4 E8's.

I'm doing an install in a tacoma double cab with 4 e8s ported

Question for you. where are you guys getting these E8's these days? I thought woofercooker was out of them. I need one for a box I got here, would really like 2, but I don't want no used ones, gotta be new.

An arc mini should fit for the front stage. Pdx amps are suppose to be pretty nice, if space was an issue I'd run either of those.

db-r do you happen to have pics of your install? The e8s were recones from woofercooker... wish i would have gotten more.. but the new sundown x8 will be out soon!!

I don't have pics but can take them tommorow and send them to you. It aint the prettiest cuz I aint a big time install guy, no patience for that ****. They fit under there, screwed down to the rubber floor mat, they haven't moved, been in there for months. Too many wires.... I hate all those wires... doing installs in trucks is a total ***** because there isn't anywhere neat and nice to mount the amps except under the seat where they get french fries and lettuce and **** on them, yes I eat in my truck, it's a really nice truck too, but I bought it to use it, not show it, it just happens to look really nice too, and pretty quick too, and lots of dirt and grass get on and in the amps... My truck is a regular cab, so that makes it even more of a *****. No room for a good sub box behind the seat if I mount the amps on the back wall to make them look pretty, so they are under the seat because I was going for function not looks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.