Need Amp Suggestions Please.

wow that audio technix looks like one little bad amp. 120amp fuse rated. Wonder if it capable of 1000watts no issues. Never heard of the brand. BTW, Anyone else see that $7000 Memphis mad max 18" on the bottom of that ebay ad? WOW the insanity. JBL is fine stuff btw. Very fine stuff.
Uhh that Mad Max ad is a bunch of horseshit. Nowhere close to worth that much. As for amp fusing, don't let it be the judge for how much power an amp puts out. It's actually a part of the marketing techniques, so a company will over-fuse their amps, something goes wrong, and the amp blows anyway. That was some smart R&D right there, huh?

Thanks for the heads up. The mosfets looked pretty nice. There are so many wanna be fly by night companys now you don't know who to trust. $7k for a 18" LOL, I could buy a load of SMD's for that.

LOL

I want something good that will last me for a few years. Another problem I have with buying used is that I won't have the cash in hand to buy the products for another week or two. That's the main reason why I wanted to buy new.
you need to remember this... YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!! spend the xtra $$ the first time and you will get plenty of good use out of your equipment... lol if its installed correctly

Uhh that Mad Max ad is a bunch of horseshit. Nowhere close to worth that much. As for amp fusing, don't let it be the judge for how much power an amp puts out. It's actually a part of the marketing techniques, so a company will over-fuse their amps, something goes wrong, and the amp blows anyway. That was some smart R&D right there, huh?
Thanks for the heads up. The mosfets looked pretty nice. There are so many wanna be fly by night companys now you don't know who to trust. $7k for a 18" LOL, I could buy a load of SMD's for that. LOL
you need to remember this... YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!! spend the xtra $$ the first time and you will get plenty of good use out of your equipment... lol if its installed correctly
Thanks for all your help! In the end I decided to go with the JBL GTOEZ and the PPI BK320

wow that audio technix looks like one little bad amp. 120amp fuse rated. Wonder if it capable of 1000watts no issues. Never heard of the brand. BTW, Anyone else see that $7000 Memphis mad max 18" on the bottom of that ebay ad? WOW the insanity. JBL is fine stuff btw. Very fine stuff.
legit amp. the board has beena round for a while its a legit amp that has been benched around 1100 rms at 14v its rated at 12v's. i am currently running one. the price of the new model is 229 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Honestly Im iffy about a lot of things till I see them in real world use and also inclined to try new things. I noticed there are no ballast resistors on that pcb. At least that's what I think there called, The white block resistors you commonly see on amp boards. What does it use in place of them? Or is that a more common thing on class a/b amps? Trying to get more informed on amp technology. How long you been running yours for now?

Honestly Im iffy about a lot of things till I see them in real world use and also inclined to try new things. I noticed there are no ballast resistors on that pcb. At least that's what I think there called, The white block resistors you commonly see on amp boards. What does it use in place of them? Or is that a more common thing on class a/b amps? Trying to get more informed on amp technology. How long you been running yours for now?
the at800 is class d //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

sara6u3e.jpg

been using mine for around 6 months //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

coleman has been around for a long time, they started off with wire and cld

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audio-Technix-800-1-amp-amplifier-800w-RMS-2000w-MAX-Class-D-1-ohm-stable-/111053236151?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item19db49e7b7

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audio-Technix-1200-1-amp-amplifier-1200w-RMS-2400w-MAX-Class-D-1-ohm-stable-/121106776171?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item1c3286c06b

he is clearing out his at amps because of copyright issues with audio technica (same thing that audioque went through)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CT-Sounds-1400-1D-amp-amplifier-1800w-RMS-3000w-MAX-Class-D-1-ohm-stable-/111125861687?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item19df9e1537

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CT-Sounds-900-1D-amp-amplifier-900w-RMS-2000w-MAX-Class-D-1-ohm-stable-/111125887108?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item19df9e7884

these are identical amps just new knobs under the new name the at1200.1 does 1800 clamped at 14vs for 200 bucks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif 1/0 required

Yeah, it looks like a well made amp. And I see the bottom one has a sound alarm which is probably for trouble alerts. I would not hesitate to try one. But the ebay ad is completely different. What models are them 2?

ill be quite honest I am interested in trying that bottom one. Not now. I just scored nicely on craigslist a used jl 300/4 for my mids and highs. But you give me a few weeks I have your contact. I am very inclined to try out that bottom amp.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/execution-audio/592519-ct-sounds-component-coax-sets.html

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/execution-audio/592438-official-ct-sounds-product-list-pricing-etas.html

map prices

Ct Sounds Amplifier Pre-order - Plus new bass Knob - Car Audio Classifieds

new bass knob on the ct series clipping and voltage indicator

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

ill be quite honest I am interested in trying that bottom one. Not now. I just scored nicely on craigslist a used jl 300/4 for my mids and highs. But you give me a few weeks I have your contact. I am very inclined to try out that bottom amp.
which one the at 1200, its not for sale but u can try lol

both those board differ significantly. The bottom one I would get no problem. You say there both the same amp, Do them 2 extra ferrite chokes on the bottom one replace all them ballast resistors on the upper on?

mistake, Never mind. your last sentence I thought you said they were both the same amp but I misunderstood. I like that bottom amp how much are they again? the bottom 1200 one? $200? I may try it to be honest. Could you do a video of it in operation? And your about 2 hours from me Id come pick it up if you are a seller. Id like to see it in person. Or do you know of a reseller in central florida?

if you could PM me if you know of a seller in central florida. Instead of dragging out this post.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.