Need Amp(s) for 4 Type Rs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fate710
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Alright well i'm tryin to find 4 Type Rs in the 12" flavor and I have found a few sweet deals that I'm considering. But I'm needin something to power these suckers. I would like to either run 1 amp per sub or 1 amp per 2 subs. I will run 1 amp for all 4 if it will do it. Please help a guy out.

(2) ED Nine.1 1200 @1ohm $700 but they run alot of sells

(2) Re Audio 12.1 1200@1ohm

JBL Power BPX2200.1 2000@1-4ohm (Underrated) $1500

Kicker KX2500.1 2500@2ohm (Underrated) $1500

US Amps AXDD 2600@2ohm

(2) US Amps AX1000DE 1000@1Ohm

Remember this is going to be part SPL setup and part show setup. The show setup I can take care of but I want enough power to be competitive

I was going to just use 2 of my susb during daily use and then use the other 2 during comps. Have a switch I guess you could say. 1250 to each of them is tooo much for daily though? even with gains low low low?

You could set the gains low, like set the gains low enough so that your normal driving volume only gets like 800 watts out of the amp. Depends on how many amps too. For 2 orions you could get dual 2 ohm subs. wire the subs series all of them, for 4 ohms a piece, parallel a pair to each orion for 2 ohm load and something like 1200-1400 watts per pair of subs. Then for comp wire the subs down to 1 ohm load each, .5 ohms to each orion amp for a hella lot of power. This is what I would do, I've heard those subs can take serious amounts of power on burps anyhow.

Or if you wanted to run just one orion amp, you could get dual 2 ohm subs, wire them all series 4 ohms ea, then parallel to the amp for 2500 x1 at 1 ohm for all 4 subs netting about 625 watts each.

You could set the gains low, like set the gains low enough so that your normal driving volume only gets like 800 watts out of the amp. Depends on how many amps too. For 2 orions you could get dual 2 ohm subs. wire the subs series all of them, for 4 ohms a piece, parallel a pair to each orion for 2 ohm load and something like 1200-1400 watts per pair of subs. Then for comp wire the subs down to 1 ohm load each, .5 ohms to each orion amp for a hella lot of power. This is what I would do, I've heard those subs can take serious amounts of power on burps anyhow.
Or if you wanted to run just one orion amp, you could get dual 2 ohm subs, wire them all series 4 ohms ea, then parallel to the amp for 2500 x1 at 1 ohm for all 4 subs netting about 625 watts each.

I like the idea of have them between 1200-1400 per pair of subs. I would just leave it @ that. I won't compete very often(I don't want to do meca and IASCA and dBDrag have very few events around for SPL) but when I do compete I could rewire them no problem.

davesexplorer pm me so we can work something out

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.