Need AMP help!! ugent

tankdylan001
10+ year member

Hey guys,

My sub is a 12" alpine type x dual 4 ohm voice coils.

and my amp was a hifonics brutus 1700 watt peak output and 600 at 4 ohm.

I just found out that the amp i ordered is going to b e a complete fail for my sub.

Any recommendations on what amp would run this sub perfectly?

I can spend about $300.

Need urgent replys! Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
pro's and con's to everything, from what I remember you can't "hear" anything below 35 hz, you feel it, so if sound is all he's looking for, 60 hz and above will do. To me it doesn't sound like he's looking to meter his ****, just wants people to hear how loud it is, instead of feel.

Hey OP is the Type R one of the new Kevlar looking 1000 watt rms ones or is it the older model (600 rms)? Either way that's a good amp for the sub. Either way just watch your gains and hook the sub up 2 ohm and you should be good. I gave a Type R 1100 watts for 2 years. Took it like a champ!

Hey OP is the Type R one of the new Kevlar looking 1000 watt rms ones or is it the older model (600 rms)?
I don't understand what your trying to ask me? Sorry.

But thanks for everyones help, i'll stick to the hifonics //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Cheers

Cheers, but i think im going to go with the alpine mrx m110
Decent amp.. Depends on price also if its alot more then the hifi then id pass... Both will give u the same power but the hifi is atleast 1ohm stable just incase u wanna have more power later. But both are nice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.