Need Alarm

whitechevy
10+ year member

Otown
I do not want to install any of my audio equipment until I have an alarm system in place. I'm going with the build route of acquiring all the materials and than install rather than trying to piece it all together bit by bit. What are quality alarms with 2 way pager, engine start, and window roll down? Prices? Are alarms something that I can find on here used? HELP! The alarm is the last piece I have to buy before my install so once I get that the system will be bumping and I will be //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

used alarms?? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

save your shillings and get a compustar or compustar pro...

dont cheap out on an alarm....

Anything DEI makes its top notch. Directed Electronics - Security & Remote Start | Home Theater | Satellite Radio | Car Audio & Video Just dont waste money on a Viper system. Python is the same exact thing, but a different name. If you can afford it, go with a 2-way pager system w/ 1 mile range. Audiovox Prestige, Code Alarm, and Autopage are "decent" brands too. You can buy alarms from Car Audio Stereo - Car Subwoofers - Car Amplifiers and Speakers. New alarms are pretty reasonable. They have refurbished alarms for cheap too, but you would really be taking a chance on them.

If you get an alarm with a remote starter, you might need to buy a bypass module too. Depends on your vehicle. I dont know any alarms that come with window roll up modules....thats usually seperate. Just like any other add ons like tilt switches, motion sensors...etc.

Honestly....I'm looking to spend whatever pretty penny I need to protect my stuff. I will not likely be able to replace like with like when it comes to my old school amp. The mile+ range is exactly the protection for what I want and the added bonus of remote start is just plain sweet. You think that the Python system with color oled will be sufficient enough...just buy it online take it to a shop for install?

I do not want to install any of my audio equipment until I have an alarm system in place.
Smart.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/iagree.gif.15d6c075ee8d3913ba26866d06993068.gif

If they cut your hood wires, your still out of luck. Change where the power wire for the alarm is.
And I do that how?
A few different options.. hood lock or change where the release cable is.. back up battery for the alarm (DEI 520T). Also, back up siren with it's own internal battery (DEI 515R). Make sure you install a hood pin to active alarm should the hood be opened.. *Very Important!

*Be creative & conceal all wires to look like factory.

Honestly....I'm looking to spend whatever pretty penny I need to protect my stuff. I will not likely be able to replace like with like when it comes to my old school amp. The mile+ range is exactly the protection for what I want and the added bonus of remote start is just plain sweet. You think that the Python system with color oled will be sufficient enough...just buy it online take it to a shop for install?
Yeah the Python system is nice. Just talk to a few different shops/local installers. Some shops will not install the system unless you buy it from them, so just ask around. Im sure you will find someone that will do it and tell them exactly what you want hooked up, or they might not do it.

If someone could make me a list of all the parts required to meet the standards and provide the mentioned security it would be greatly appreciated. A price estimate before install would help as well. Thanks again to all who have commented so far!

i payed 30 bucks for my remote start autopage, install was 0$ cuz i did it my self. an when i get my batts in the trunk thats my battery back up. but i hear alarm installs start at like 200 an an alarm is about 130 for a good one

Yup.. I was thinking second alarm battery. If they go under the car and cut wires without opening the hood.. then what??
Refer back to your first statement. Keep the 2nd back up battery inside

It also helps if your ride is lowered //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.