Need advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rick MAX

UK
Hi I'm looking for some advice on setting up a new sound system in my audi a3, I have a JVC HU and installed some JVC speakers in the doors to replace the blown stock ones.

I am looking to install some rear speakers and a sub, need advice on setting it all up and not sure how to connect it all together.

Can I use the HU to continue to power my door speakers and then use a amp to power the rear speakers and sub OR will I need to get a 5 channel amp and connect all the speakers to the amp then to the HU ?

Cheers.

#1 we don't care much about rear speakers, reverse what u said, amp door speakers (with hp xover on them either amp or hu) pull rear speakers out and just leave the hole in rear deck for bass to come in cabin from trunk/sub, or power cheap rears with hu.. u can do that with 1 4 channel amp or a mono class d for subs like we use and a 2 channel amp for door speakers., depends how much power u need to sub, which depends on which sub u will get.. so if u haven't bought anything yet tell us how much u wanta spend....

Well currently in the doors I have 5.25' JVC DRVN 2 Way 520w speakers and was planing on putting some 6.5" PIONEER TS-G1723i 250W in the back and have a Ground Zero Iridium 200X 8' in a enclosure in the wheel arch to replace the stock sub so everything looked stock and was hidden away in their original locations. So I kinda know what I want to achieve but its getting it all setup correctly.

I cant really leave the hole in rear deck for bass to come in cabin from trunk as the rear speakers are on the passenger sides.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.