Multiple grounds? Or just 1 fine??

OS X

Hi, I recently did my first car audio set up in a 02 Explorer, got a previous system professionally installed in It but with 8 gauge wire which was too small for what I was doing so I ran zero gauge wire and ground, not a high-end set up but good bang for the $, anyway the grounding location is In a extremely good spot never had any issue with it, but now I added a capacitor and I got the ground going to the capacitor then from the capacitor right to the amp is that OK or does it completely bypass the cap? I got everything wired to 1 Ohm confirmed with the multi meter the amp is dyno proven according to the audio guys on YouTube to put out 1700RMS at 1 OHM witch It is wired to, voltage stays in the mid 14's so the Seems to be working, just wanted to make sure this is A-OK way to wire it even if it's not "the best" way. Thanks for your help guys! 3 15's 2 in the bottom are Comp C,s rated at 600RMS A piece, top just says comp so from what I found out it is 300 to 500RMS so the amp is adequate or near adequate for all 3 as long as I keep it wired at 1 ohm

Nothing is touching that is not supposed to be all the wires may not look the best, they are secured and the amp does not get all but a little warm after a half an hour or so of play, also have a inline fuse holder upfront before the battery as it supposed to be. Amp I know is not high-end but has good reviews. As far as the wiring goes I can make it look nicer just was running out of daylight. If something were to catch fire it would be my old set up as that amp get extremely hot.

Ok Thanks! The capacitor is a 10 FARAD i'm not really sure if that is sufficient or not? Only thing that I am a little concerned about is I got a cheapo battery as the main one upfront for everything, but I plan on upgrading that soon to a higher-quality battery that can provide more amps and handle power demand better, also upgrading the headlights to LED bulbs to save power as well and already got LED taillights, already have the headlight bulbs but I am waiting to get the new battery and LED turn signals for minimal power draw from other components other then the Amp obviously. Already installed a aftermarket Bluetooth pioneer double din head unit and all door speakers have been replaced, so no line out put converter or nothing like that anymore, Direct RCA output from the head unit to the amp

If your voltage is in the 14s your fine. Please don't put led bulbs in your headlights. They aren't designed for the focal point of the led bulbs and scatter light everywhere. The glare blinds other drivers and your beam pattern is no longer focused where it should be. Sorry I'm a bit of a headlight snob. I've built custom projector headlights for years.

[quote name='Popwarhomie']If your voltage is in the 14s your fine. Please don't put led bulbs in your headlights. They aren't designed for the focal point of the led bulbs and scatter light everywhere. The glare blinds other drivers and your beam pattern is no longer focused where it should be. Sorry I'm a bit of a headlight snob. I've built custom projector headlights for years.[/QUOTE]

This. Seen it done, no different than hids in reflector housings... they just blind everyone else.
@Popwarhomie any cool headlights you have done? I'm running TLs and mini H1s quads in my Yukon. It was interesting to mount and align, but man I LOVE them! Light output is insane

[quote name='YukonXL04']This. Seen it done, no different than hids in reflector housings... they just blind everyone else.
@Popwarhomie any cool headlights you have done? I'm running TLs and mini H1s quads in my Yukon. It was interesting to mount and align, but man I LOVE them! Light output is insane[/QUOTE]

Nothing crazy. A lot of mh1s, halos, and demon eyes really. Everyone always wants cheap :( I've always wanted to own a car I could do a quad setup on. My newest car came with hid projectors that are adaptive as well so I haven't messed with them in fear of messing up $1000 a piece headlights. But I really want to throw a good projector and 55 watt setup in them.

Nothing crazy. A lot of mh1s, halos, and demon eyes really. Everyone always wants cheap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I've always wanted to own a car I could do a quad setup on. My newest car came with hid projectors that are adaptive as well so I haven't messed with them in fear of messing up $1000 a piece headlights. But I really want to throw a good projector and 55 watt setup in them.
Yea I have done a few mh1s. Did a quad mh1 also. TLs with clear lens and 55w is pretty nice on its own. The extra light from the mh1s just puts it on another level though. On a 5 lane each way highway, I can light up both service roads lol.

The capacitor is a 10 FARAD i'm not really sure if that is sufficient or not?
A simple test is start playing things and pull the battery connection from it and see how long the capacitor keeps the amp(s) powered up. I'm betting less than 1 second.

Anyway, the more the merrier for grounds but what you have is probably adequate.

I wanted projector headlights but unfortunately they don't seem to be made for the 2002 to 2005 Ford Explorer's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif yet They have several different fully LED tail lights for them go figure? And It's just wired in parallel with 12ga Speaker wire and 3 4ohm subs equal 1Ω at the amp, Here's a demo https://youtu.be/J3WwRleIdWU Sounds good in person for price vs. performance flexes the roof as well, Amp is Bareilly warm after a hour of hard playing and subs stay cool as well.

Lol 3 svc 4 ohm subs is 1.3 ohms.

And yea you gotta make your own headlights. Retrofit hid projectors into them. You don't want any of the aftermarket projector headlights, they all ****

They don't make any after market projector hesdlights for this generation of Ford explorers anyway lol And with the rear glass hatch vibration, I'm just going to completely cover the rear hatch including the glass with dynomat, in new York state the law is if something is permanetly is obstructing your rear window you need to have 2 side mirrors which I do so that should be perfectley legal and take care of that issue! No different than a cargo Van with no rear windows lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.