Need advice on replacing factory speakers.

Participant count
  • Participant list

st0n3r
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ive got a 2013 Dodge Avenger with front dash, front door and rear-deck speakers. They are all 6x9's. Im needing advice on how to upgrade them. Should i upgrade the front dash / front door with co-ax and put components on the rear-deck, components all the way around etc?

Im getting a hifonics txi 6408 in a trade to power the replacements, but i never really fiddled with 6x9's and i want to stick with 6x9's and not modify mounts etc.

Dash are 3.5s

Doors are 6.5s or 5 1/4s

Rear deck 6x9s

I'd do a component set in the front...6.5 in door,tweeter in dash or mount on door.

If your not using a sub,you could either do regular 6x9s or find some 6x9 woofers or subs for some bass.

Your car only has 6x9s in the rear deck...check Crutchfield...

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

Is your system the 6 speaker non Boston one?

I checked Sonic Electronics and they listed the entire car as 6x9's. Good thing i didnt pull the trigger on a full set last night.

Ive NEVER installed components and dunno about the extra work they would require??????

Ill be adding my 15" sub and t1500bdcp rockford amp as well.

Components have a crossover for each side that routes the signal between the woofer, the mid, and the tweeter. If you have just a woofer and a tweeter it's 1 less pair of wires per side. In your car you could put the crossovers somewhere in the dash or kick panel areas and then run one set of speaker wires per side back to the amplifier. This makes for a lot less wire to use.

I'm introducing the new MX Designs components systems by CDT Audio, which feature speakers that are perfectly suited to a vehicle like yours. 6x9 woofers will fit the doors, 2" mid/tweeters can fit the dash with adapters that I will source for you, and optionally you can also use 1.1" silk dome tweeters that are installed without any cutting of your trim panels.

This would be a beautiful sounding setup that will get loud. I have 6x9s for the rear deck as well, but I would focus on the front speakers first.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.