need advice on head unit / speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

srs121

I recently got a tahoe.. I'm looking to redo the audio system in it. It's just not where I want it to be at all. Ha.

I'm looking for the following

head unit

Door speakers

2 12"-18" subs

2x-3x amps

I'm looking to get the best bang for my buck and be heard from miles away. I got roughly 2000-3000 maybe more if needed for this project. I listen to primarily rap. And can make any modifications to the vechile for power output as needed.

Pick your high output alternator, and some big batteries, then decide on what kinda amperage you can handle. Find amps that in combination you have enough amps for then pick everything else when you know what kinda electrical you will have. I know looking for speakers subs and amps sounds fun, but get your electrical stats first then decide what you can get.

big audio system with 18s, you'd want some pro audio 6.5/8"s and supertweets along with a pioneer 80prs/kenwood x998/alpine 149bt to make them sound good. thats around 500 if you do front and rear.

Your gonna need a 4 channel amp, cheap out and get ppi black ice, phantom or Ion amps if you want decent budget power under $200, or spend spend 250-350 on a nice flashy one.

AGM battery in the front and rear around 350, high output alternator around 550, 0 gauge wiring and installation accessories $200.

Now to subs and sub amps. I'd place your priorities on the amps instead of subs. Get good quality power first.

labor.... you dont wanna know, you'd best do it yourself

so far,

1000ish for electricals.

600 or more for subs+ enclosure

500 for headunit mids and highs

120-300 for mids and highs amp

sub amps at least 600+

Thats not counting tax.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.