need advice on electrical upgrade

loudenuff

CarAudio.com Elite
WA gwon?
hey I'm new to the forum and need help. I'm running a 600 watt kicker amp which dims lights in idle but I'm fine while driving. I'm not sure if the alternator in my 99 grand prix 3.8 is stock or not because this amp dims the lights in my cousins 11 impala. but anyways I have a 1400.1 hifi Brutus amp and I want to install it to run 2 12 p3s. I have stinger 4 gauge wire to the amp. have xs big 3 (installing this afternoon) but would my electrical support this well enough?

Are your gains set correctly? At idle most people lights dim thats perfectly common even with a $600 HO 6 phase alt 320A (the best they offered for my truck) at idle i dipped to 12.2 and lights dimmed crazy but driving steady 14.4v just make sure your gain is set right untill you have a stable voltage.

Are your gains set correctly? At idle most people lights dim thats perfectly common even with a $600 HO 6 phase alt 320A (the best they offered for my truck) at idle i dipped to 12.2 and lights dimmed crazy but driving steady 14.4v just make sure your gain is set right untill you have a stable voltage.
so you think I should be okay with just the big 3? I don't have a voltage meter yet. I have a cap that displays my voltage though

so you think I should be okay with just the big 3? I don't have a voltage meter yet. I have a cap that displays my voltage though
Get rid of your cap its probably doing more bad then good, do big 3, make sure your grounds are on point sanded and bolted down. Make it this weekends mission to get a digital multi meter to set your gains properly. The only way to know is by measuring your voltage untill your at a stable comfortable spot.

Should be fine OP...And Martin my lights don't flicker 1 iotta lol :

I have a 2001 grand prix gt. The stock alt size is 110a.. I have a Soundqubed 1200 @ 1 ohm right now. I have the big 3 done in 1/0 and sky high 4 guage to amp.. I dipped to 12.5 but steady voltage while driving so you should be fine

thanks guys. I got the big 3 cents 1/0 wired in today. dropped the Brutus in as well. I have my obsidian 15 @ 1 ohm getting 900rms im thinking about putting my p3 12s in @ 2 ohms. what are your thoughts? my voltage stays at 14 easily while driving. 13.6 at idle.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.