Need Advice from The Pros

Participant count
  • Participant list

Harrison486
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
New Jersey
Hey guys! What's going on? Alright, here is my current situation. I just got my first system installed. It is a 2005 Kicker CVR dual 4 ohm powered by a Hifonics BX1000D. It is currently in a 1.25 cf Pre-Fab Q-Logic Sealed Box. I think it sounds awesome. This is just a daily driver, and my first setup, so I don't have much to compare to, but I think it sounds great. It gets loud as hell and hits everything. Now, I have heard that prefab boxes usually **** and that I can get my sub to perform much better. So now, I am contemplating building a new box. This is where I need your help. Out of the next 3 options, which do you think would be the best for me and why?

1. Keep the current box
  2. Build a new sealed box
  3. Build a new ported box

What do you want out of it? We can't tell you what kind of box to put the sub in if you don't tell us the music you listen too, the sound your looking for, space constraints, and budget.

I listen to rap
The max dimensions of my box can be 14" high, 36" wide, 36" deep...

What kind of vehicle do you drive? If you listen to mostly rap, then yes, go ported, but thats awfully big to fit IN a trunk.

If you mean those dimensions are big for a trunk, those are the max dimensions inside my trunk...

If I actually meaure my trunk opening (which I was just thinking about) I guess I woudl have to make my box smaller...

Okay... maybe I need to be a little bit more specific...

Currently my '05 Kicker CVR is in a prefab 1.25 cf sealed box

I listen to almost exclusively rap.

I really like the way it sounds. REALLY loud (at least to me). Beats all my friends systems and shsakes my car. It sounds pretty good to me also.

Now, I have heard that I can improve performance if I were to build a new box, since prefabs are usually pretty bad.

I am still so confused with what to do with ported or sealed. Mine is sealed right now, and sounds pretty loud. I have heard that ported will sound a lot louder, but after reading some of the posts around here, I am afraid it may sound like a$$. However, would building another sealed box do anything for me? I really do like the loud boomy sound of my sub right now with my rap. However, if I can improve it at all, it would be a fun project to build another box...

I guess it comes down to the fact that I kept telling myself that a new ported box would be the be-all end-all of all boxes for me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif . Now I just dont know what to do... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

Thanks,

Harrison aka "The Noob with WAY too many STUPID questions"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.