Need advice from the experts

AvD

Hello forum members

I came to this site to find answers and recommendations from the experts. Okay, so my missions is to turn my chevy S-10 into an enjoyable place to rock out. I am very new to car audio and im slowly learning. As of right now i need a subwoofer/box and an amplifier. I am more worried about sound quality than bass or loudness. So what do you guys think i should pick up? I was thinking of a 8 or 10 inch sub. Are there any other details/info you need? Thanks!

car 1995 Chevy S-10 (standard cab)

Budget $300-500

Music i listen to Metal/harcore (fast drums)

this...

SE12 - RE Audio 12" 1000 Watt Dual 4 Ohm SE Series Subwoofer

Audioque: Amps: AQ1200D

RE makes some of the best subs on the planet and Audioque amps are dam hard to beat for the money and theyre nice and solid amps. theyre internet based, so theyre priced low.

i have the SE in 1.10 (sealed) in my Accord sedan and listen to everything from old school Metallica to Robert Johnson to Mozart to Miles Davis to Bass Mekanik to Paul Oakenfold to Bob Marley. it can handle it all.

Thanks for the reply nauc. Im sorry but i forgot to add i need a new deck and that amp/sub combo goes over my budget. Im looking more in the range of 300-350 for both amp and sub.

How about the RE Audio 10" 1000 Watt Dual 4 Ohm SE Series, i found it for $129. Good for metal music? If this is a solid choice what amp would you pair it with?

RE Audio SE10

Thanks

Fi and Re are both great subs...

Really if you were to get two of the Fi subs, it will be alittle louder just cause you'll have more cone space.. but if you could get two of the Re audio se's it would be a better choice. just depends on how much you wanna spend.

acutally if you want i have a couple 10"s customs subs im trying to sell right now, they are a little bit bigger compared to those fi's and just under the re audio se's.

but i would sell both of them for 200. that way you have 150 for a decent amp!

hmm thats a good price on those! but right now i have my 8"s that i will be playing with //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif but maybe when i want to upgrade them ill look in to getting those!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.