Need advice from Alpine owners

patjai

I am looking at the following decks:

9827, 9830, 9831, 9833

I understand that the 9827 lacks an equalizer, is that a problem for any of you?

I have read that the 9830 has a pretty weak display and is hard to read during daytime. Is this truly the case?

And is it true that the 9831 has no treble or bass controls?

I haven't read any complaints about the 9833, do you guys have any?

Basically I want to know if you guys have any other pros and cons to help me make my decision.

i'm not an alpine owner but i say go with the 9833 if you are stuck on an alpine headunit. i know people who use the 9835 and are very happen with them and preform very well. my thinking is go for the better stuff so you don't end up ripping it out selling it and going for something better in the future. i say get a pioneer 8600. best deck i've ever used. it's my most favorite piece of audio equipment in my car. anyways the 9833 would be good.

Thanks for the inputs, guys. Actually, I'm not stuck with Alpine. I have looked into the 8600 as well, but I read about the CD skipping issue with burned CD's. Not sure if it's as bad as I read.

Thanks for the inputs, guys. Actually, I'm not stuck with Alpine. I have looked into the 8600 as well, but I read about the CD skipping issue with burned CD's. Not sure if it's as bad as I read.

i didn't even know they had a skipping issue.

i don't have a skipping issue with miine.... cept when i go over the rough railroad tracks around here doin about 40 or so... but that makes my brain skip too so... but i never have troubles with my 8600...

i've got the 9833. i sold my 9827 to get it, mainly because of the many features that i thought it lacked. it doesn't have much as far as adjustment, where the 9833 has many more options (time corrections, eq, etc). the 9827 was a fine deck if i just wanted to listen to mp3s, but i wanted something with a little more power, and more options for audio adjustment. the one thing that i did like about the 27 was that the display kept up with the unit a little faster. the 9833's doty amtrix display seems to take a bit longer when useing the "quick" seach feature. i can get to a song faster by just skipping through then scrolling. i wanted the 9835, but couldn't justify spending the money for the display.

gl

i guess it depends what ur looking for. Like how much control u want over your music. I have the 9827 and i think it does a **** good job, but these guys on here seem to want more control over there music, so they go with the more expensive/nicer ones.

so i say if u want more control of how everything sounds, go with the higher alpines. The 9827 has all ur basic features(bass, treble, subwoofer volume) plus more.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.