Need advice!!! crackiling sound from gain adjustment knob!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

kingpoopious200
10+ year member

sc
i have a rockford t10001 bd and ive noticed a month ago my sub has been making a cracking sound when the volume is down and when its up. also the volume of the bass will fluctuate, i fooled around with the gain knob and every time i moved it the noise crackles more and bass will only emit if the knob is held in a certain place, i tried to clean it with electrical contact cleaner and i temporarily shoved a piece of folded paper in the space between the knob and the housing to have it working again, however today i pulled it out and now the knob is very loose feeling and i cannot get it to produce the correct output, is the knob the problem? i already ordered a 20k pot from rockford for free and its on its way, any type of input would be great

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.