Need Advice before Purchasing Alpine Speakers?

legaspi89
10+ year member

Chino CA
Hello everyone. On my Saturn on I'm running Alpine SPR 6.5 Coaxial Speakers in the front with pheonix Gold tweeters. Reason why I chose the coaxial was because I could not afford the Alpine SPR component Speakers. So anyways my front setup sound really good. Now my back speakers are infinity speakers 5.25 size. (Stereo shop didnt have alpine speaker size of 5.25, so i was I fine with infinity speakers being put on) However now I want to change my infinity speakers in the back to Alpine. The way my front setup is, Am I better off choosing Alpine 5.25 Component SPR or going with SPR 6.5 Components where more a little more modifying would have to be involved? What do you guys think?

are you amping the speakers ? ,with a correct front stage ,you dont want the back to drown out the front, so most of us just amp the fronts nly and run the rears off of deck power .or just add mids only on the rear .really just depends on how you like it tho

Coaxial front stage + rear comps? Never heard of that before... Considering the front stage already sounds like a mess involving coaxes and additional tweeters, I wouldn't have put so much thought into tweaking rears.

take your front speakers out and move them to the rear, save up your coin and buy a set of splits (separate pair of mids/crossovers/tweeters) for the front of the car.

The 6.5 will be better off the back, 51/4 smaller means smaller sound, bigger driver bigger sound.More clear.

So put SPR 60 coaxials at back.

Everyone does that, Comps in front & matching Coaxial at back.

Some don't even bother to put speakers at the back.

Dude sell those infinity & save up some cash for SPR comps put it in front. Then those SPR coaxials at the back. Thats it!!

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'll consider putting the front speakers in the back. Although, I have to admit the stereo shop did a pretty good job in matching my SPR Alpine Speakers with the pheonix gold tweeters and pheonix gold crossovers. You think I would hear that much of a difference with straight SPR Alpine Components?

whats the question? we have told you what we would recommend. (wait what? are they running alpine coax through a phenix gold crossover with tweeters)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.