need a sub for this size box(sealed)

Participant count
  • Participant list

BOTTLEDZ28

MASS
Ive got a box that fits down inside the hatchback well of my 91z28. The box measures 24x11x11 and it is sealed. It has 1.3 cubic feetof air space inside of it. I need a good reasonably priced sub that will sound good with a Kicker KX600.1 amp running it. The amp will put out 600RMS at 2 ohms and that is how I will wire the sub. The sub will be mounted on the LH vertical side of the box and fire from left to right, I listen to all sorts of music depending on my mood. I dont care about the guy 4 blocks away hearing me either. Just a good hard hitting sub that sounds great inside the car. I have dynomatted the entire car as well. My first choice was the 10" L7 but most say its not going to make me happy, especially being in a sealed box. Im not that knowledgable in thisa dept. and thats why I am aksing for guidance here. I have no choice but to stay with a 10" sub due to space limitations.

umm hows under $300. I know sometimes you get what you pay for and Im sure it works for buying subs too so if you think there is sometjhing out there that goes over my price then list it anyway.

how accurate are the wattage numbers on that sub? it says reccommended RMS is 1000W, I dont want to underpower the sub I get. Id rather over power it a little bit and just turn the gain down on the amp.

JlL 12w6v2 is around $340 shipped from an online retailer like onlinecarstereo.com. A little beyond your budget I know.

That box is a good fit for it and so is the amp.

Edit: oops you wanted a 10.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.