Need a good system advise.

Audiofrog GB series are all the speakers you will need, and a good DSP will help out any HU, so get one with whatever features you need. Do some research on DSP's, but start with Mosconi 6 to 8, Helix DSP MK 2, and Arc PS-8. Start with the right sound deadened, use quality components, use the right tools to tune, and you should be good to go!

Don't worry too much about WHAT driver to purchase... I heard someone's BMW in the 90's that had tube amps and 13" subs in the front fenderwells... WOW!

Some oldschool guys will remember who it was... but I'm Tellin' ya' placement is KING in SQ... He played some concerto that you could hear the initial strike on the tympani in the midst of a crescendo (orchestra music) and 1/2 a sec later the reverb off the back wall of the hall all while the orchestra kept on playin'... All from a frontstage!.. never heard anything like it since... kinda' killed my aspirations as a SQ competitor if you know how a 25 year old with no money feels... I've heard kick pods... but this was something different... They had to pry me out to let the next demo in! Such presence, range, sustain and all from the front... I WAS at a concert... Anyways, placement is king... Great amps don't hurt either...

I've heard horns built into the defroster vents as well... But that BMW... Legendary for sure... If I could afford it I'd emulate that...

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't need to focus on the bass first. With modern digital signal processing, tuning, and good speaker choices there is much less need to focus on speaker mount fabrication(kick panels, etc.)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.