Need a good 5 channel. I have a PG Xenon 100.4 to trade.

350zkid
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
A good small but powerful 5 channel for my PG Xenon 100.4 which is in great condition. Prefer an NVX 5 channel or something equal or better.

I'll sell the PG 100.4 outright for $195 shipped. And it comes in original box with manual and all rubber ends (two not pictured)

20180101_122134.jpg

20180101_122146.jpg

PG100_4.jpg

If budget allows, the PDX-V9 from Alpine is a great choice. Its the only 5 channel I use. But the NVX will be a good budget friendly amp but less overall power than the Alpine.

sundown audio sae 1100.5 is another and is cheaper than the alpine. DD makes a 5 channel D5.1000 also but its expensive new, you can sometimes find them around $350 used and it is a super solid amp and probably puts out more power than all of the above.

The nvx 900.5 is a cheaper amp, but it does put out the power. I just noticed you need a smaller profile if possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
If budget allows, the PDX-V9 from Alpine is a great choice. Its the only 5 channel I use. But the NVX will be a good budget friendly amp but less overall power than the Alpine.
Yep! I run an Alpine PDX-V9 and I LOVE IT!! Except the 500W sub output gets bogged down and heats up and safeguard shuts it down before I burn up the amp! The four 100W RMS outs work just fine! :)

John Kuthe...

Yep! I run an Alpine PDX-V9 and I LOVE IT!! Except the 500W sub output gets bogged down and heats up and safeguard shuts it down before I burn up the amp! The four 100W RMS outs work just fine! :)
John Kuthe...
Might help if you re-write the software for the sub ch only.

Might help if you re-write the software for the sub ch only.
Oh no!! I LIKE useful featured which WORK!! And so far, every time I get a little BOOM-greedy, the overload protection WORKS for me! Shuts down the sub amp to cool off AND brings it back up after cooling off! And ready to cycle again!

Excessive heat is NOT A SOFTWARE FIX!! Heat is REAL!! It exists INDEPENDENT of all your cheap fast prototype software! :-(

John Kuthe...

Oh no!! I LIKE useful featured which WORK!! And so far, every time I get a little BOOM-greedy, the overload protection WORKS for me! Shuts down the sub amp to cool off AND brings it back up after cooling off! And ready to cycle again!
Excessive heat is NOT A SOFTWARE FIX!! Heat is REAL!! It exists INDEPENDENT of all your cheap fast prototype software! :-(

John Kuthe...
There's a reason why it's doing that....50 bucks says you can't figure it out.

Original poster, I know of a new 5 channel amp that is a step or 2 better than the nvx 900.5, and it puts out way more power on the sub channel for only $299.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...