Need a design for a Obsidian 12 D2

Participant count
  • Participant list

JoshC
10+ year member

The Taco MASTA
Houston, tx
Going to have my local guy build my box again but give him a design so i dont end up with port noise again. Been waiting on a response from pro-rabbit but no luck, sent in a request i think sunday.

Box max measurements

34in long

17.5in tall

13in at bottom

6in at top

Thats around 2.33-4cu gross i believe. I want the box to be 1.75 after displacement, going into a single cab truck so it will be a wedge

Sub displacement is .16cu

Pro-rabbit recommend i use a 4in aero port, can i only order thoughs online? Could i just use pvc piping??? I know my builder does thoughs...

Any help appreciated, i dont know if im suppose to use thoughs 45 edges on the inside of the box or if it was just to small of ports before but all my boxes of my locals design have had port noise.

josh all ported boxes will have some port noise ,the trick is to minimize the noise,thats where the 45's come into play.make sure there are no dead spots in the box where the air can just swirl around with no where to go.thats why in your situation it would be best to put the port on the side ,left side would be loudest. try to force the air towards the right side with 45's into a slot port on the bottom of the box coming out the left side about 6" from the side of the truck should work really well.and round all edges too.

josh all ported boxes will have some port noise ,the trick is to minimize the noise,thats where the 45's come into play.make sure there are no dead spots in the box where the air can just swirl around with no where to go.thats why in your situation it would be best to put the port on the side ,left side would be loudest. try to force the air towards the right side with 45's into a slot port on the bottom of the box coming out the left side about 6" from the side of the truck should work really well.and round all edges too.
I kind of got the image but not 100%. Lol ill put it this way, the sub will go behind the drivers seat and the box will extend to center of truck. Planning on putting port on end facing passenger seat.

I know my previous box had a bottom slot port that had noise w/ box set up just like description u gave, but there also wasnt any 45 angles inside. Just a plain old wedge, the port on it was also very small, like an inch tall by the width of the box

if you are going to do it that way ,then place the sub above the port on the right side,this way you wont have the dead space as i said and you'll get the most out of you box space.also 45's in the back of the box behind the woofer and at the entry of the port as well.the whole idea is to direct the air flow to the port and out,and round the edge of the port entry.

i may do that, i just pm'ed RAM
If you go with Moble Enclosurs get that tape measure ready, he doesn't just go by available space for box. He will use inside dimensions of your vehicle to get the response you want. Super good guy to deal with, I can't recommend him enough. Only other person I would consider would be PWK, I don't even think he is on here... but I've tried to deal with him in the past and he comes across as an arrogant douchebag... this was before he had a two month waiting list or whatever he has now. When you tell a box designer you have money burning a hole in your pocket and lay out what you'd like to achieve, the professional answer isn't invest it in the stock market. That said I know a guy who has done boxes with him and never had an issue with him.

I'm sure the other box designers are really good, just giving you advice from personal experience. No offense to any of the design guys here, they all have tons of great references.

Ram hit me back an hour ago and i just got back to him, hoping i can get the ball rolling tonight with payment and what not so i can order port and get this build on the way //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I sent you an email back but never heard back.
Good luck though, Ram and Mobile are both great at what they do as well.
You hit me back on the amp thing, but i sent in a request for a design Sunday night i believe. Since my local builder said he would do it for my amp but i havnt been satisfied with his design.

I was hoping you could do it since you have experience with this woofer, but saw your posts about being swamped so i didnt want to message you again. If you arnt busy ide love to pay you for a design lol

You hit me back on the amp thing, but i sent in a request for a design Sunday night i believe. Since my local builder said he would do it for my amp but i havnt been satisfied with his design.
I was hoping you could do it since you have experience with this woofer, but saw your posts about being swamped so i didnt want to message you again. If you arnt busy ide love to pay you for a design lol
All though the site has the quote/purchase area setup it still has some hickups to work out. lol

We can get you taken care of though if you want.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.