Need a box design

Participant count
  • Participant list

Crownvicon28s
10+ year member

God 1st
Two alpine type r 10's 1043. Max dimensions are 15''L X 42''W X 8''H . I am placing this box below my rear deck in a 94 crown victoria. My rear deck is cut out so I was thinking of using aero port/ports sticking out of the box (external) firing into the cabin, if possible. This is a daily box so I would like it tuned low, around 33 to 35 htz. My cut out is about 20'' wide and about 12'' deep. I would like to have subs and aero port/ports centered in this cutout. The subs are going to be powered by an Audiopipe 1500d.

Subwoofer/speaker brand: Alpine type r

Subwoofer/speaker model, size, and number of woofers: swr1043d 10'' 2 woofers

Vehicle enclosure will be used in (please add notes if specific or unusual placement will be used):94 Crown Victoria, below rear deck

Max dimensions (MUST fit in vehicle or through trunk opening!): 15''deep X 42''Wide X 8''tall

Amp or expected power handling: Audiopipe 1500d

Listening expectations (description): I want to be able to play from 30 to 80hz without being peaky and have good punch but really nail the lows.

What bandwidth is acceptable? 35-60hz high output, 30-80hz? Ignore if you do not understand 30-80hz is fine

How low do you want it to play and how important are the low notes (Song examples are encouraged)?30hz is fine

Are you looking for a heavy low end, or one that blends with the rest of the output? more low than blending output, but still able to play some of the higher sub base notes.

How important is sound quality compared to loudness? equal. Not going to compete but want it to be loud and sound good.

Enclosure type request (Are you looking for a vented or bandpass for any specific reason)?ported, external aeros/aero

Any specific enclosure preferences (Double baffled, flush mount, center slot, blowthrough, home environment etc)?

center aeros/aero

Other notes:

Would also like the subs to be centered with the aeros/aero if possible.

Thanks.

I will also need to know how far out the port is supposed to protrude from the enclosure. Also, did you plan on using a real aero (flared) port, or PVC?

It will be impossible to completely fit the port and subs within the cutout space, but we can get a good bit of each. A bandpass would be a good fit for this situation though the physical dimensions wont allow that.

Thanks.
I will also need to know how far out the port is supposed to protrude from the enclosure. Also, did you plan on using a real aero (flared) port, or PVC?

It will be impossible to completely fit the port and subs within the cutout space, but we can get a good bit of each. A bandpass would be a good fit for this situation though the physical dimensions wont allow that.
What do you think would be best to use for the port? I will have to measure and let you know about the length of the port. I figured everything wouldn't fit under the cutout but as much as possible would be ok. I can always make the cutout bigger.

Well with the cutout only being 20" wide, you could hardly fit the subs in that even if they were touching. No room for a port there really.

do you plan on leaving the cutout open to the trunk, or will the subs and all be close enough/sealed at all?

Well with the cutout only being 20" wide, you could hardly fit the subs in that even if they were touching. No room for a port there really.do you plan on leaving the cutout open to the trunk, or will the subs and all be close enough/sealed at all?
I probably going to end up making the cut out a little bigger. I plan on putting a sheet of mdf behind the box to try and seal it off from the rest of the trunk. I don't really have any other ideas. lol. The subs should be kind of close to the rear deck. The only thing stopping the box from going all the way to the rear deck are some metal bars that connect to the trunk hinges. Those are really in the way. I don't even know what they do.

I found out those bars keep the trunk open so Im going to take them out. I could either make a wall around the subs and port firing through the rear deck or just build the box right up to the rear deck. What would you suggest?

Whichever would seal it off the best from what I understand in your description.

I should have this finished for you by tonight.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Crownvicon28s

10+ year member
God 1st
Crownvicon28s
Spartanburg, SC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date