[6th Order, completed] Design Request For BlackG35inTN

Participant count
  • Participant list
Subwoofer/speaker brand: Digital Designs

Subwoofer/speaker model, size, and number of woofers: 1508 (2) of them

Vehicle enclosure will be used in (please add notes if specific or unusual placement will be used): 2008 Infiniti G35 Sport (blowthru through armrest 6" x 10" opening)

Max dimensions (MUST fit in vehicle or through trunk opening!): 31.25"w x 17"h x 11"d

the seat back is obviously slanted, and the top of the opening of the ski hole is 16 1/4" from the trunk floor

Amp or expected power handling: AQ2200d

Listening expectations (description): not sure what this is asking, but I want tight, deep bass. I listen to Heavy Metal, Rap, Techno

What bandwidth is acceptable? 35-60hz high output, 30-80hz? 30-80

How low do you want it to play and how important are the low notes (Song examples are encouraged)?

Are you looking for a heavy low end, or one that blends with the rest of the output? Somewhere in between

How important is sound quality compared to loudness? It's a daily driver, so sound quality is very important. I believe I have enough power to make it loud.

Enclosure type request (Are you looking for a vented or bandpass for any specific reason)? series tuned 6th order

Any specific enclosure preferences (Double baffled, flush mount, center slot, blowthrough, home environment etc)?

Blow through Arm rest. Can be a 6" x 10" outside diameter square, or I could go with a 4" precision port, and seal the flare at the armrest opening with an MDF plate. I've never done plexi before, and I'm not sure how to seal it or how good the seal would be, but I would like to have that option if I were to decide to go that route.

You mention the top of the skipass being 16" tall, so is the bottom of the opening 6 inches off of the floor? Also, if the box is pushed against the back of the seats, how long can/should the port be?

I do have a few designs in queue but I should be able to get to this here within 2-3 days if thats acceptable.

Thanks!

You mention the top of the skipass being 16" tall, so is the bottom of the opening 6 inches off of the floor? Also, if the box is pushed against the back of the seats, how long can/should the port be?
I do have a few designs in queue but I should be able to get to this here within 2-3 days if thats acceptable.

Thanks!
The top of the ski pass is 16 1/4" off the floor of the trunk, with the ski hole bottom being 8" from the floor. The hole is 10" tall and 6" wide and is angled with the seat. Therefore, the bottom of the ski hole wouldnt be 6" from the floor due to the angle. The trunk interior takes some crazy angles behind the seat. For example, the floor is flat going twords the front of the car, the takes a 10 degree incline for about 3" then goes straight up for 4 1/4". From there, the seat starts angling back like normal, and the bottom of the hole is 2 1/4" inches from there. I took some pics and will try to sketchup an example of what I'm talking about.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Where in TN are you?
Arlington, Tn - right outside Memphis

The sketchup drawing isnt to scale, just to give you an idea of what I'm talking about... And some pics

trunk.png

trunk1.jpg

trunk2.jpg

hole.jpg

Ah, I see. So if I make it 8 inches off of the floor and say 8 inches tall if needed, how far should the port protrude from the enclosure?

it would protrude 7.5". Also, I stated the max depth would be 11" due to trunk opening. Well, if needed we can change that to 16", and I could take the seats out and push it through the trunk from the passenger compartment.

Also, with the ski hole opening being 6" width x 10" height, if we were to go with an mdf square port say 6"x8", that would actually produce a 4.5" x 6.5" port, correct? I figured you caught on to that when you said we'd go up to 8" in height if we had to. Being that the hole was 10" tall, it would actually be around 8" with the slope. I know this is what you do and I'm sure you had accounted for this, I just wanted to make sure you were clear on what I was relaying to you.

Correct. Which only gives us port area equal to about one sub, ideally you want enough for both. Ill have to run the numbers to see what length ports will work but would a 6" Aero be a possibility for you? Or a 6" PVC with a double think baffle if you have a large enough roundover.

Design has been completed. I apologize ahead of time as I had to make the enclosure shorter and utilize your max depth to properly fit the woofers/port etc conveniently. You may angle the port to fit or you can use some feet/amp wrack or something to life the enclosure approximately an inch or two.

You will want to use a good size roundover on the port-plate as there will be a decent amount of turbulance. The enclosure will have better power handling than other enclosures, but I will not guarantee 2kw on them. That is simply too much power for such little coils. You will also want to set your subsonic about 30-32hz, perhaps 35 if you really give them a lot of power. Cross them at 80.

acc621f1c49c0a2d345fb546129483cf.image.750x429.png

However, I was able to get a pretty good sensitivity from them throughout the 30-80hz passband. Should be an impressive little setup //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Design can be found here: 2x1508s Series-tuned 6th order blowthrough - $30.00 : TheBoxHouse, Enclosure designs

I haven't posted them yet up for builds,lol. Doing great though. I have a build I need to start tomorrow for a dual 18 tline. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I might photo the build and put it up here in a thread.

Do it! People need to be exposed to better enclosures. Theres so much room for improvement in the community but no one knows it yet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

BlackG35inTN
Tennessee
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Moble Enclosurs
1714321195129.png