Need a box design

Participant count
  • Participant list

maldecido33
10+ year member

MSEE
Lubbock, TX
I've got two 10" Alpine Type R's running off of a Rockford Fosgate 500BD.

I've got a regular cab truck, so limited room. Right now, the subs are in a custom box behind the seats giving each speaker about .66cu ft after sub displacement. The boxes are shaped like this:

_

| \

I want to build some new boxes for the subs and was gonna try going ported. But I'd have to keep this general shape. Is there any way to have a ported enclosure this shape? And does anyone here design them?

edit: this is the box in there now. I'd like to keep the same design, just have it ported.

boxbuild3gy.jpg

boxbuild16yc.jpg

Yes, you can have a box like that. I have one beside me for sale for a single 10. Im not real sure if you have enough space behind the seat for a ported box for two subs though.

the dimension on those (per sub compartment) are 20.5in wide, 12in tall, 12in deep at bottom and 5 inches deep at top. I could make it up to 24in wide, 14 tall, 13 deep at bottom, and 5in deep at top.

I KNOW!

External ports!

The middle section right there is simply an amp rack and is sealed off from both compartments. In the new design, utilize that space as an external port.

I don't have any idea how to design something like that, so any help is more than welcome.

exturnal ports would work but u still need a decnt size box for a ported box in the first place. 1 cu ft net at least i would say

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.