Need a better amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

stephenbmx1

CarAudio.com Newbie
dallas
I have a Sundown SA 12 in a small kinda cheap box from amazon. The amp is a Kicker CX600.1. The sub sounds muddy and doesn't hit highs. Will this sub hit highs? lol... Kinda sounds delayed in the way it receives the audio too. I messed around with the amp settings looking up youtube vids on setting amp gains etc. Still not much better... I'm not very familiar with audio stuff obvi. My buddy and I did the wiring right. All the cars i had were pretty simple and worked out nicely this is my first one having trouble with.

So is this the box or the amp? Or both?

2018 camry se
We put the little rockford rca adapter on there...

I have a Sundown SA 12 in a small kinda cheap box from amazon. The amp is a Kicker CX600.1. The sub sounds muddy and doesn't hit highs. Will this sub hit highs? lol... Kinda sounds delayed in the way it receives the audio too. I messed around with the amp settings looking up youtube vids on setting amp gains etc. Still not much better... I'm not very familiar with audio stuff obvi. My buddy and I did the wiring right. All the cars i had were pretty simple and worked out nicely this is my first one having trouble with.

So is this the box or the amp? Or both?

2018 camry se
We put the little rockford rca adapter on there...
I would say its the box if it is sounding muddy ...kind sounds like the box is too big

I would say its the box if it is sounding muddy ...kind sounds like the box is too big

Where I read for one SA 12 the box should be one of those kinda long ones... the one i have is short

"2.0 Cu. Ft. Ported/Vented MDF Sub Woofer Enclosure for Single 12" Car Subwoofer (2.0 ft^3 @ 32Hz)" off amazon is the one I was told I should have. But i kinda cheaped out and got the little 50 dollar one instead of the 160 dollar one I quoted above..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.