Need a Amp & Subs for $550

StockDX
10+ year member

NC
OK guys Ive been saving my money for a while and now have about 550 saved up. I already have a 4 guage wiring kit. And I need some subs and a Amp for around 550 or so. I was supposed to buy my friends 2 12'' W3's but he backed out. I just want a system that hits pretty hard with good low's since I listen to a lot of rap. Can you guys please make some suggestions to me. It would really help me out.

Thanks

Hey,

I just got two 12" Alpine Type-Rs and a Hifonics BX1000D for just under 500 from IKE Sound. I am happy with them, I got them more for SQ, but they can pound pretty well too. I put them in a sealed box, so if you got them from IKE sound you should have enough money to buy or build a sealed box.

Hope this helps.

-Dave

Wow those eD seem like an amazing deal. Almost to good to be true. Im just a little scared of the pre-order.

I have type r's and they get loud with enough power but they are deff more geared towards sq. like 65 35 sq/spl. Give them around 400 500 watts rms and a ported box tuned to around 35 then u will be ight.

Im really thinking about those eD's it really is a great deal. Its just that I dont know too much about the company. Plus the fact that they are pre-sales and no one has heard them yet. Are they more SPl or SQ? Do you think they would compare to the W3's at all.

Thanks

Well the sub is a more SQ driver, but still has mad output ported. It will sufficiently blow the w3 out of the water. (I can say this because there is word it is much better than the old ED K, and it actually compares to the old ED O, both of which i have heard.) IMO JL subs are nothing to go nuts about except the w6 and w7.

12 or 15" RE SX and a directed 1100d or 1500d would be sweet....you can find those amps for around $275-300 used and the sub is around $230-250 depending on size.

hhmm.. avionixx AXT1200.2 ($219 ebay), 2 RE SE-12's (165ea reaudio.com) ? ? ?

the AXT is rms 600x2@2 but i've heard 2 different class-T devices and there wasn't ANY audible distortion in either at max volume. My SE-12's should be here tomorrow with the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.