Need 6.5" speakers. Any recommendation?

zeed
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I'm looking to upgrade my front and rear door speakers for my new car. I need 2 pairs of 6.5" speakers. I think coaxial would be a nice choice for me because I don't want to do any modify to my car. But if the comp can put as coaxial, that's fine. I have a budget for about $500 for 2 pairs.

I forgot to mention that these speakers will run by 4 channel amplifier without sub.

One thing, no Polk or MB Quart. I already have them and wanna try something else.

Thanks anyone who will answer me and sorry for my English. I'm not American.

-Phoenix Gold RSD

-Infinity Kappa

-Alpine Type R

-Pioneer REV

welcome aboard //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

-Phoenix Gold RSD
-Infinity Kappa

-Alpine Type R

-Pioneer REV

welcome aboard //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
i second any of the above. I have the Pheonix Gold RSD components, i'm sure their coaxials are phenomenal for the price as well

Actually, I need 6.5' component for the front and coaxial for the rear.

What do you guys think of JL audio ZR650-CSI for the front and C5-650x for the rear?

Thanks,

I'm looking to upgrade my front and rear door speakers for my new car. I need 2 pairs of 6.5" speakers. I think coaxial would be a nice choice for me because I don't want to do any modify to my car. But if the comp can put as coaxial, that's fine. I have a budget for about $500 for 2 pairs.
I forgot to mention that these speakers will run by 4 channel amplifier without sub.

One thing, no Polk or MB Quart. I already have them and wanna try something else.

Thanks anyone who will answer me and sorry for my English. I'm not American.
hertz high energy 3ways

i have the hertz high energy 3ways with the beefy 6.5 and let me tell you, the midbass is insane. I have 200rms to each side and its brutal. not to mention they sound very good. I have no reason to spend any more money on speakers and with this set I feel I have hit a level of quality that has ended my pursuit for high quality audio. Now im trying to spend my money on stuff like cruises, furniture, women, etc.
sounds good to me

For that kind of money, I am sure you can rock some nice gear. People have nothing but good things to say about the RSD's. There is a nice write up about them a few posts below this one. Awesome budget componet setup, so you could save some cheese and be happy I believe. Helps to properly sound deaden your doors as well, so maybe put the money you would save and deaden the doors. PG coxials sound nice as well. Buddy has them in his Envoy and sound clean and they were uber cheap.

Expensive side, would be Hertz, Rainbow,DLS and others I know I am forgetting. I mean they have cheaper lines as well, but I would check and read some reviews on the PG RSD's. I mean it is a forum boner, which sometimes is good and not so good. So...............

i have the Hertz 6L in my doors. all i can say is WOW. they weigh nothing, have almost zero mounting depth, and just hammer the midbass out. i was unsure about how well they would perform, but Norman at SpeedSound.com answered all my questions. there are lots of speakers out there, but few are truly engineered for the car environment-- Herz is one. i cannot say enough about Norm and Hertz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.