Need 3 way or 2 way components asap

Participant count
  • Participants list
Gary!! Whats up??

I am planning to switch to 3 way soon too. Remember I had 4 8fe200 in the door panels? Well, I decided to change it up. I'm leaving 1 in each door as midbass, but this time it's going in the factory spot because rattling...and I am adding these little 3fe22 mids along with P audio pht407 tweeters to the pillars.

Those tweeters are really popular because

-they're inexpensive

-they're silk, so good sq

-you can take off the horns and they fit into factory spots

-you can buy rebuild kits for them.

pht407 is on ebay

the faitals are on parts express and ebay.

also some guy tried to tell me xenon 100.4 doesn't make 100 watts, I think he's a idiot. amp is superb.

What's going on! The pg xenons are great amps. Anyone talking crap doesn't quite know what they are. I have picked up 4 mercedes convertibles over the last few months. 2 slk's and 2 sl500's. So I have plenty of "work" ahead of me lol. Thinking of doing 3 ways in the sl's as they have the factory locations for them. I'm glad things sound like they are going good!

2 slk's and 2 sl500's. So I have plenty of "work" ahead of me lol. Thinking of doing 3 ways in the sl's as they have the factory locations for them.
hell yea!! what years? People don't know about old germans. I also like to do car stuff. Nothing major but I buy tools as I go and try to do my own maintenance, got a 30gal compressor this fall, planning to do some bodywork and paint my hoopdie, maybe bring it to kinda somewhat showcar status, but still daily drive it.

I would totally use the factory locations in those Mercs, those cars are meant to be stock. Not have speakers in the pillars or any of that stuff. Even though is sounds better with tweeters and mids pointed at your head.

I picked up a 99 slk 230 with the amg kit. 2001 slk320, 1999 amg sl500 and a 2005 amg optioned sl500. I painted the slk320 in november. Waiting to do a final sand and polish it. The 99 sl500 it's white and I'm in the process of swapping it to a black interior. I've never seen a white with black leather and I wanted one lol. The factory 3 way fronts in the sl500 are positioned decently. The slk's have the tweeters a little low but nothing processors can't work out.

Sorry, I didn't see any replies. I'm trying the DD seperates to see how they will work. I could still use some 2 way comps as I am not going to run active in the slk's. Just 6.5's and tweets.

Sorry, I didn't see any replies. I'm trying the DD seperates to see how they will work. I could still use some 2 way comps as I am not going to run active in the slk's. Just 6.5's and tweets.
I pm'd you a few days ago.

Just 6.5s and tweets? Any request for performance characteristics or depth limitations?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.