need 3 sets of matching coaxials!

Participant count
  • Participant list

shauncox26

CarAudio.com Elite
oxford ms
Hey guys buddy of mine needs three matching sets of coaxials for his grand caravan. He needs a pair of 6x9's, a pair of 6x8's, and a set of 6.5's. He isnt looking for top line but a decent matching set that will run off the factory amp. New or used but need all at once. Budget lets keep it around $200.

I think alpine is one of the only brands that makes what you want. Im sure other do too but the type r is made in every size possible

I got Type-Rs and really like them. But off factory power.... IDK how they'd be only receiving only maybe 15 watts RMS, and new would only get you about half what your looking for. Used? just have to find the seller, I have no doubt you could get them in that price range used.

Type-Rs are my only after market speakers I've personally used. I heard some Infinities and Polk Audio that had some pretty good bass that was lower wattage. I'll do a lil research see what I can find.

I got Type-Rs and really like them. But off factory power.... IDK how they'd be only receiving only maybe 15 watts RMS, and new would only get you about half what your looking for. Used? just have to find the seller, I have no doubt you could get them in that price range used.
Type-Rs are my only after market speakers I've personally used. I heard some Infinities and Polk Audio that had some pretty good bass that was lower wattage. I'll do a lil research see what I can find.
throw an amp on those man, night and day difference with sound qulaity. Also deaden and seal your doors and your midbass will come alive.. Real world head unit power is not even 15, more like 6 to 10 watts

Polk Audio 6.5 - $60

Polk Audio 5X7 (says will fit 6x8) - $60

Polk Audio 6X9 - $90

Polk Audio Build - $210

Infinity 6.5 - $60

Infinity 5X7 (Same deal as Polk Audio, will fit) - $55

Infinity 6X9 - $70

Infinity Build - $185

at the end of the day though. Your buddy is going to want to amp these. Factory power is only going to make these speakers disappointing. Even if they have a audio upgrade with a factory amp, your only looking at 15 watts max RMS if that. Like said above, your probably only going to get 8-10 watts RMS, these speakers are going to want 50+ RMS

This guy is pretty cheap for what it is. I'm using the discontinued model with higher output and I'm pleased. Mine gets a lil warm, but nothing crazy: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_777M4050/Sound-Ordnance-M-4050.html

They have these out as well. Almost got one of these, but decided I wanted more power: http://www.amazon.com/Clarion-Electronics-XC1410-4-Channel-Amplifier/dp/B00B43LKV0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435172905&sr=8-1&keywords=Clarion+XC1410&pebp=1435172903606&perid=06N07BF5EBA7ZZ9ZV4SK

All factory speakers are blown. He has the infinity sound system so it has a amp. He just needs some sounds. Ill work him into a amp later. Wont be deadening as he just needs some tunes. Hes not into it like all of us.

All factory speakers are blown. He has the infinity sound system so it has a amp. He just needs some sounds. Ill work him into a amp later. Wont be deadening as he just needs some tunes. Hes not into it like all of us.
I posted a few in his budget. Both should give him what he wants. Have him go to a Best Buy with a sound presentation to hear some speakers. Then go to amazon and get them at a fraction of the price.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.