Name that subwoofer?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Runninwild

Hey guys. I found a couple subs at work and I'm wanting to build an enclosure and find an amp for them but I'm having trouble finding any information on them. There is no model number on them, they have a fairly unique design and I havnt seen any matching ones on google images. Anyways I was hoping someone here might recognize it.

They are digital designs 10" woofers

Magnets are roughly 5.25" round by 2.25" deep with a doughnut shaped hump on the back

The front of the mounting flange to the front of the magnet is 3.5" with a total width of 6"

They have stinger custom pro 10 gauge brown and red wires

Bathroom scale shows them at 11.4 lbs each

4500 15 stamped on the back of the cone

2 stickers on the back of the housing on each that read "03-2016" and "dd1k-4" and a 3rd sticker that is different between the 2 which I believe is the serial number

Here's a few pics

Anyone got any ideas? I tried emailing DD but havnt heard back yet. Was hoping someone here may have owned one of them in the past!

Awesome thank you for that! 1 step closer. So 300-600w rms amp at 4ohm. Any idea on enclosure specs? Still having a hell of a time finding any info on them other then that website.

Any idea if these are any good or what they might be worth? An entry level sub from 11 years ago might not be worth all the effort to fiberglass a custom box would if? I mean they look pretty high end but its the sound that matters right?

Thanks! Any specs for a sealed enclosure? Space is limited in my vehicle.

In other news just got the front axle reinstalled with the lift kit! Ive been rebuilding the entire thing the last couple of months. Its got a fresh vw 1.9td engine with arp head and main studs, a Cummins 4bt holder turbo, performance injection pump and full rebuild on the tranny and t case and axles. Its killing me not being finished before the nice weather!

DD does not recommend a sealed enclosure, neither do I, neither will 99% of the people here. You can however make the box a little smaller, say 1.25 cubes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.