Name my future website!

I get where you're coming from, and I have builders as well who have offered their services. So far the site I currently have has been working out good, for what it is. I've only had one person actually buy something off of it, but have had about 10 custom requests sent in from the site itself in the last week or so. I'm still getting some stuff directly off of forums as well.
I'm working on making it easier to send in specific design requests and having an actively changing design price depending on exactly what you're wanting. If everything checks out and I can do the design I can send an invoice to the customer. If not, I can email and discuss options. This should cut out a lot of back-and-forth messages and make it more efficient for both me and the customer. My site designer is working on that, so we'll see how it all turns out. All-in-all, I'm excited to see how it all looks and functions once done.
I wish ya all the success in the world, man. I still think you should use a short & sweet name, though. I think it'd be a good idea to provide actual builds as well. A lot of people simply don't have anywhere to build an enclosure.

I have a little shop of my own, but it ***** not having a building big enough to actually pull the vehicle into. That's not a problem for me anymore, though. Not since my cousin built his massive new garage with every woodworking tool known to man and a central vaccuuming system. The heating & air conditiong is a plus too. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If the S/N name here is the same on all forums. I suggest ram-designs.com As that will keep your name in it, however, using "ram" may cause some to relate the topic to ram trucks only.

If the S/N name here is the same on all forums. I suggest ram-designs.com As that will keep your name in it, however, using "ram" may cause some to relate the topic to ram trucks only.
I'm RyanM923 on diyma, caf, and roe, but RAM_Designs on here, caco, ssa, and smd. I guess I could always request a name change. I also had the same worries about using ram in the name.

Just remember to keep it easy to remember and not to long. The research we did showed that easy to remember and smaller worded(acronym) had higher success rates then longer complex web site names.
yeah agreed. i thought about this when i typed it in. but i figured what the hell throw it out there.

i guess it would depend to, where it'll be advertized. i would guess most places will have it setup as a link. most will probibly be repeat customers and have it saved as a favorite. i like the word designs better than plans, makes it feel totally custom.

I'm one of those people. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
You can always keep a builder or two in the loop, man. I'm sure there are guys on the forum that'd appreciate having extra business kicked their way. If I wasn't crippled up, I'd do it myself.

You can always keep a builder or two in the loop, man. I'm sure there are guys on the forum that'd appreciate having extra business kicked their way. If I wasn't crippled up, I'd do it myself.
I do, I have about 6 or so right now. That's what I was trying to say earlier. I have a tab for people needing their boxes built, and box builders that they can contact on there. I'm working on adding portfolios for each person as well.

I do, I have about 6 or so right now. That's what I was trying to say earlier. I have a tab for people needing their boxes built, and box builders that they can contact on there. I'm working on adding portfolios for each person as well.
But what do you get outta kicking these guys business? Something, I hope...

But what do you get outta kicking these guys business? Something, I hope...
Nope, it's all free right now, and I have no way of monitoring who gets business via the site so I don't worry about it. It's more of a convenience feature on the site.

Nope, it's all free right now, and I have no way of monitoring who gets business via the site so I don't worry about it. It's more of a convenience feature on the site.
I'd at least make the builders pay for a percentage of the site's overhead...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.