Name my future website!

RAM_Designs
5,000+ posts

SketchUp Master
Rockwall, TX
I'm getting a website made currently and am tossing around ideas, looking for some suggestions that maybe I haven't considered. Ramdesigns.com is already taken, unfortunately. I've been tossing these around:

ram-designs.com

ramboxdesigns.com

ramboxplans.com

diysubboxes.com

diyboxplans.com

diyboxdesigns.com

buildyourownbox.com

Let me know if you have some suggestions. If I end up using your original idea I'll PP you $10. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

just an //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif, whatever you get I suggest buying the .net for it too. Sometimes people will by the .net of a site, copy the original and then scam. It's highly unlikely, but it's worth the note.

also:

hoesdontknowboutmyenclosures.com

just an //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif, whatever you get I suggest buying the .net for it too. Sometimes people will by the .net of a site, copy the original and then scam. It's highly unlikely, but it's worth the note.
also:

hoesdontknowboutmyenclosures.com
Thanks Jesse, I like your recommendation also. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

RAMenclosuredesigns. i think you should leave the designs in there to not give the appearence that you build also.
Noted.

I guess my suggestion was doo-doo, huh?
Like the one guy stated, I believe keeping "designs" or "plans" in the title would be best to not give the impression that I build as well. And ramboxes seem like it'd be a place to buy boxes for Dodge Ram trucks.

Like the one guy stated, I believe keeping "designs" or "plans" in the title would be best to not give the impression that I build as well. And ramboxes seem like it'd be a place to buy boxes for Dodge Ram trucks.
In all honesty, it'll probably be tough to turn a profit selling designs anyway. Most people are looking for builders. I thought my suggestion was okay simply because it's short and easy to remember. I can see where you're comin' from, though.

Just my $.02...

Just remember to keep it easy to remember and not to long. The research we did showed that easy to remember and smaller worded(acronym) had higher success rates then longer complex web site names.

Just remember to keep it easy to remember and not to long. The research we did showed that easy to remember and smaller worded(acronym) had higher success rates then longer complex web site names.
meh

hornycoedgirlsuckinghardcockandswallowing.net is doing just fine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

In all honesty, it'll probably be tough to turn a profit selling designs anyway. Most people are looking for builders. I thought my suggestion was okay simply because it's short and easy to remember. I can see where you're comin' from, though.
Just my $.02...
I get where you're coming from, and I have builders as well who have offered their services. So far the site I currently have has been working out good, for what it is. I've only had one person actually buy something off of it, but have had about 10 custom requests sent in from the site itself in the last week or so. I'm still getting some stuff directly off of forums as well.

I'm working on making it easier to send in specific design requests and having an actively changing design price depending on exactly what you're wanting. If everything checks out and I can do the design, I can send an invoice to the customer. If not, I can email and discuss options. This should cut out a lot of back-and-forth messages and make it more efficient for both me and the customer. My site designer is working on that, so we'll see how it all turns out. All-in-all, I'm excited to see how it all looks and functions once done.

So what exactly would you suggest if you were in my shoes?

What pro said.

Site names longer than ~16 letters usually are considered too long. If your site is longer than 20 characters I would start getting worried lol

EDIT: bob, is it sad I actually checked to see if that was a real site? LOL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.