Name brand haters???

i don't see the point hating on something because you can't afford it or you think it's expensive. that's like hating on a BMW because you drive a Honda. seriously?

mainstream got that way by selling good products for decades. your "little guys" wish they had that market and are only that small because of manufacturing limitations. granted, there is a loss of QA in mass production, but hand built amps have their own issues with consistency. Gimme a product engineered by the best but built by machines. quality products are all about engineering - plain and simple.

JL has a large profit margin, but that doesn't mean they ****. they make great products and anyone looking to buy car audio really can't go wrong with them (even if they pay a bit more for the brand or piece of mind). same people pay installers to do a good job. you pay more for inexperience.

the "little guys" don't have enough distribution to let everyone hear them. i don't like or recommend buying something you can't see/hear first, unless you have the cash to take chances.

the "little guys" don't have enough distribution to let everyone hear them. i don't like or recommend buying something you can't see/hear first, unless you have the cash to take chances.
In a perfect world we could all demo every product we're interested in prior to buying, but the world isn't perfect. Some of us can't even demo the most mainstream equipment on the market, due to where we live.

I'm stuck with few options.

1. Search for the equipment I lusted over as a teenager, and hope I can find it in at least semi-presentable condition.

2. Follow the ever growing list of forum boners.

3. Trust the reviews I read online.

4. Pay attention to what kind of equipment the "widely known" installers are using.

5. Buy cheap **** and blindly hope it works out.

6. Buy expensive **** and blindly hope it works out.

i dont know about you but i dont have time to just ride around to different cities all day to decide if i like different companies products..

my bottom line usually ends up being reviews, popularity within people who are aware of what a good products are, and seeing what the product does in the real world.. not saying i have to hear it first or even touch a product, but good reviews and customer satisfaction as well as support when there is a problem

In a perfect world we could all demo every product we're interested in prior to buying, but the world isn't perfect. Some of us can't even demo the most mainstream equipment on the market, due to where we live.
I'm stuck with few options.

1. Search for the equipment I lusted over as a teenager, and hope I can find it in at least semi-presentable condition.

2. Follow the ever growing list of forum boners.

3. Trust the reviews I read online.

4. Pay attention to what kind of equipment the "widely known" installers are using.

5. Buy cheap **** and blindly hope it works out.

6. Buy expensive **** and blindly hope it works out.
Good point. Goes to show there is no right answer when it comes to this kind of stuff. I've used a little of #s 2, 3, 5, and 6 mostly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.