Name brand haters???

Kicker - ZX Series 2500W Class D Mono MOSFET Amplifier with Low-Pass Crossover - ZX25001

2500 Watts, Kicker, probably underrated $1300

Stetsom V 5K2 E 2 Ohms - SSA STORE

6850 Watts at 13.8V, probably around 7500 watts at 14.4V, Stetsom, small footprint $1200

Audioque: Amps: AQ3500D.1

4300 Watts, Audioque $750

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Kicker - Solo-Baric L7 Series 15" Dual-Voice-Coil Subwoofer - S15L74

Kicker L7, 1000 RMS, known to sound awful $550

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154c789c394eaf3/shopdata/0050_Speakers/0010_BTL/product_overview.shopscript

Fi BTL, 2000 RMS, all out SPL monster and sounds good $384

DC Audio - Woofers

Level 5, 2000 RMS, arguably one of the loudest subwoofers to date $550

Why do we hate mainstream? Not the quality, but the price.

My Point exactly. Thank you for doing the work for me. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

Kicker - ZX Series 2500W Class D Mono MOSFET Amplifier with Low-Pass Crossover - ZX250012500 Watts, Kicker, probably underrated $1300

Stetsom V 5K2 E 2 Ohms - SSA STORE

6850 Watts at 13.8V, probably around 7500 watts at 14.4V, Stetsom, small footprint $1200

Audioque: Amps: AQ3500D.1

4300 Watts, Audioque $750

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Kicker - Solo-Baric L7 Series 15" Dual-Voice-Coil Subwoofer - S15L74

Kicker L7, 1000 RMS, known to sound awful $550

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154c789c394eaf3/shopdata/0050_Speakers/0010_BTL/product_overview.shopscript

Fi BTL, 2000 RMS, all out SPL monster and sounds good $384

DC Audio - Woofers

Level 5, 2000 RMS, arguably one of the loudest subwoofers to date $550

Why do we hate mainstream? Not the quality, but the price.

the one mainstream product i will give credit to in my short run of experience is the Alpine Type R speakers. Great sound and power handling that nothing in its price range seems to beat.

Ill run mainstream stuff if I get it cheap enough. I had some kicker 150.2s running my highs but i got a soundstream 604 for the price of one of those new and i would never go back. mind you i paid like 20 bucks for the kickers lol

Sometimes a product coming from a large company is a positive. They tend to have larger budgets than smaller companies for R&D, design, manufacturing, etc. But a product coming from a large company can also be a bad thing, as larger companies tend to take longer to implement new technology or to evolve to new market trends. Larger companies also tend to gravitate towards frivolous marketing gimmicks, like square cones, more than smaller companies (although by no means are they exclusive). Small companies can be advantageous because their small size makes them quicker to adapt to changes in the market. We've also seen a relatively large amount of innovation out of small companies in the past decade (xbl^2 for example). But smaller companies also have smaller budgets for R&D etc, which can also lead the company down the path to just being another 'me-too' company (like Elemental Designs, who lives off stealing tech from competitors).

To generalize much more than that is to oversimplify the situation/discussion. Yes, that includes people with 15 years of experience, which isn't a lot tbh. Your logic should prove your point. If you feel the need to start tossing out how long you've been into car audio, its probably because your argument is weak on facts and specifics. Or just plain weak.

i read it all and to me who ever said its not the name brand its the price had it about right as far as i am concerned..

It honestly doesnt matter to me i wouldnt pay msrp for much but some select products i would... and every one of those products are from smaller companies

i read it all and to me who ever said its not the name brand its the price had it about right as far as i am concerned...

This is true. I wouldn't even pay MSRP from any of the "smaller" companies either, however. Isn't the MSRP for a SAZ-1500D like, $800? No thanks lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.