Name brand haters???

60_cent
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
atlanta, GA
I've posted off and on on this forum for years. I've always wondered why some people here do nothing but hate on the "big name brands" like JL, Kicker, RF, MTX etc...You here nothing but negative when post a question about the a mainstream products.

Personally, I will for the most part use any product if it is a good product at a reasonable price. I've been in the game 15+ years. I've used mostly mainstream products in my cars over the years and have never had a problem. I've also ran the "little guys" like TREO and FI. I like it all. I hate to see posts where guys do nothing but dog out mainstream brands. I bet most of them have never personally installed any of it in one of there cars. I've ran them all from W7 to Treo subs and RF power to memphis amps. I know people have their personal prefence but D***...!

Personally, i had an old set of L7 12's and loved them, they killed on half rated power, but they are over priced . thats the issue i have with alot of "mainstream" companies, you can get something that is so much better and handles more power for less.

I've never really been let down by any mainstream brands I've used but the thing is they are overpriced when you compare to the smaller companies for a similar product.

That's how it is. People rag on kicker cvr's all the time and in honestly, they are a HELL of a sub for 75 bucks.. To this date I have had audioque sdc's and a hdc, diyma r12, 8 different cvr's (currently 2 in my car), type r's, a rf p3. I loved the p3, the type r's and sdc's are extremely comparable to each other and the p3. The HDC kicked ass but in all fairness it is a 300 dollar sub.

And yes Harman Kardon products are the ****, I've had a GTO 1200.1 II , 75.4, two different Infinity ref-1600a's. Also my home receiver is a Harman kardon avr-235 that I got off craigslist for 100 bucks. talk about an awesome home receiver!

I've never really been let down by any mainstream brands I've used but the thing is they are overpriced when you compare to the smaller companies for a similar product.
I agree however these days most audio stuff is bought online and the online prices are very reasonable.

Have you checked some of the prices on the "little guy" companies lately. They are the ones that are overpriced..

I mean subs for 1000+ bucks......negative!

I like HK products. I don't have a lot of experience with their car audio stuff, but I've owned several different speaker systems over the years. I'm still using a HK multimedia set that came with a Compaq I bought in 2002. They still sound great.

I agree however these days most audio stuff is bought online and the online prices are very reasonable.
Have you checked some of the prices on the "little guy" companies lately. They are the ones that are overpriced..

Excuse me, dipshit, but what subs would you be referring to? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

You've got to be kidding, man. I'll agree that $1k for a subwoofer is retardedly excessive, but I'd rather give $1k for a 21" Warden than a 13" W7.

You've got to be kidding, man. I'll agree that $1k for a subwoofer is retardedly excessive, but I'd rather give $1k for a 21" Warden than a 13" W7.
If you wanna get technical, a 21" Warden isn't even $1k. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif And the W7 is still laughable compared to it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.