Nakamichi PA-4100

2u43erl.jpg

Please post a review, when you get the chance.
Will do. I got it in Tues. Im offshore right now, I'll be back in next Wed and plan on installing it over the weekend. Once I get things set and have a couple hours listen time, I will definately give feedback on it.

My first impression of it is it seems build quality has remained top notch as they have before, it's definately solid, weighing just over 14 lbs. and has a pretty large footprint.

Im anxious to get it put in and see what this puppy can do!!

Will do. I got it in Tues. Im offshore right now, I'll be back in next Wed and plan on installing it over the weekend. Once I get things set and have a couple hours listen time, I will definately give feedback on it.
My first impression of it is it seems build quality has remained top notch as they have before, it's definately solid, weighing just over 14 lbs. and has a pretty large footprint.

Im anxious to get it put in and see what this puppy can do!!
Cool. What do you offshore?

Amplifier is installed....and after setting with RTA and listening for a couple days, Im convinced it's a very solid amp, very clean and natural sounding. I have it on a set of Focal Utopia comp. and one 10" Cerwin Vega V-Max. Head Unit is Clarion MAX675VD double din unit, with a Clarion EQS746.

Midbass is real punchy and tight...great response and not muddy in any shape or form.

The upper end is pretty laid back....prob. not to alot of people's liking, but I like a more natural sound than anything real bright, that's the reason I chose the equipment I have.

The low end is surprisingly lower than I thought it would get, but not overly extensive or sloppy.

Only drawback I have found on this amp so far, is if you are considering it, first check your mounting options, and possibly an external fan...as it does get pretty hot.

All in all, I think Nakamichi is still producing top quality products. Though this amplifier has a bit more power than Ive normally seen within their older amplifiers, it still has the same great sound we've all come to know from Nakamichi.

Amplifier is installed....and after setting with RTA and listening for a couple days, Im convinced it's a very solid amp, very clean and natural sounding. I have it on a set of Focal Utopia comp. and one 10" Cerwin Vega V-Max. Head Unit is Clarion MAX675VD double din unit, with a Clarion EQS746.
Midbass is real punchy and tight...great response and not muddy in any shape or form.

The upper end is pretty laid back....prob. not to alot of people's liking, but I like a more natural sound than anything real bright, that's the reason I chose the equipment I have.

The low end is surprisingly lower than I thought it would get, but not overly extensive or sloppy.

Only drawback I have found on this amp so far, is if you are considering it, first check your mounting options, and possibly an external fan...as it does get pretty hot.

All in all, I think Nakamichi is still producing top quality products. Though this amplifier has a bit more power than Ive normally seen within their older amplifiers, it still has the same great sound we've all come to know from Nakamichi.
you're right the amp seems to overheat. I had a 1h drive with the said friend on quebec summer day and the amp stop 2 times from overheating. It has a lot of clear area around it and mounted vertically

I didn't mess with it really to be honest....everything sounds aligned, and with my RTA setup, I didn't have any phasing issues, so I just left as is. That's not to say that it wouldn't be a useful option for someone else in another setup.

you're right the amp seems to overheat. I had a 1h drive with the said friend on quebec summer day and the amp stop 2 times from overheating. It has a lot of clear area around it and mounted vertically
My plan is to run a set of squirrel cages on either side, one pushing air in and the other pulling it out, I feel this should take care of this issue.

My plan is to run a set of squirrel cages on either side, one pushing air in and the other pulling it out, I feel this should take care of this issue.
Thanks for the review and the //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif idea on how to keep the amp's temperature down.

I'm glad to hear the Nak is working out for you. Have you ever heard one of Zeds Quantum amps? If so how does it compare to the Nak?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.