nakamichi head units

I have to agree with Jmac with the naks...awesome sq...but they don't seem to be as dominate in sq as they where a couple of years ago.

Unless your going for a great sounding deck with no features and an oem look, then I would recommend looking at the Eclipse 50 series and 80 series decks. Think the only diff between the 50 and 80 is the onboard eq and dot_matrix display.... OOooo and the origin of the names...

5423, 5433 are 5V out

8023 , and 8443 have 8V out....

( but that voltage gets dropped if your using a 5v eq like me so the $100 more for 3Volts more that your in reality not going to use......)

And I have nothing against Blaupunkt....but they aren't really in the same leageu as Naks or Eclipses.......

I second his opinion. I had to replace my whole system last fall because of theft, luckily I had insurance. The guy at my local car shop in charge of my re-emburssmant suggested the eclipse. Best thing I've ever been talked into buying. Naks are very clean sounding and from there everything else is just a step down from these 2.

Personally, I think they are very plain looking and don't offer too many features like other s.q. oriented decks do like Alpine or Eclipse. Denon is the same way. They make some of the best s.q. decks you can get, but they are very plain jane. There is nothing wrong with a plain, all out high-end deck if that is what you are looking for. In many cases though, you will find that the difference in sound between these different high-end decks is marginal and most likely not audible.

Im getting the Nak CD-40z in a few days. I know it dosent look very nice but for $100 it will do me fine. But it does have "great SQ" and 4V preamps (x3) And if people look into my car and see this. They will be like "Ahh he aint got anything but a crappy stock hu." Because thats what it looks like, a stock hu, but this even matches my green interior lights (no, not neon) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

cd_40z_lrg.gif

http://www.nakamichi.com/auto/cdplayers/cd_40_specs.htm

I have to agree with Jmac with the naks...awesome sq...but they don't seem to be as dominate in sq as they where a couple of years ago.Unless your going for a great sounding deck with no features and an oem look, then I would recommend looking at the Eclipse 50 series and 80 series decks. Think the only diff between the 50 and 80 is the onboard eq and dot_matrix display.... OOooo and the origin of the names...

5423, 5433 are 5V out

8023 , and 8443 have 8V out....

( but that voltage gets dropped if your using a 5v eq like me so the $100 more for 3Volts more that your in reality not going to use......)

And I have nothing against Blaupunkt....but they aren't really in the same leageu as Naks or Eclipses.......
The 5 series eclipses do not use the new 24 bit dacs that the 8 series does. I don't know if that would/could account for a change in sq, but it is a difference. I run the 8053, and it is an excellent sounding decK(as is every other eclipse I have used) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i hear they have very good SQ, although they dont work well with subwoofer setups. i know one guy who was havin problems with his system, not problems, but the HU just isnt for SPL. When he took it out and put an alpine in everything was up and bumpin again.

thanks for the info, i need to find an eclipse dealer near me, i would prefer an eclipse but i have not been able to call and find a dealer. I was wondering how naks were because my parents had one in their bmw and i liked that it was plain but it seemed really reliable. Anyone know how much the 8053 eclipse cost in general?

The eclipse 8053 is $500

specs:

Balanced outputs

High voltage 16V/8V and low impedance outputs

All digital circuitry

STAR DSP (newly designed Digital Signal Processor)

24-bit advanced multi-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter

CD-R/CD-RW compatibility

MP3 playback using optional ECLIPSE Commander Advance

Full dot VF display

Power tilting front panel

Digital input

Auxiliary input

Remote Controller 1602 (optional)

The eclipse 8053 is $500
specs:

Balanced outputs

High voltage 16V/8V and low impedance outputs

All digital circuitry

STAR DSP (newly designed Digital Signal Processor)

24-bit advanced multi-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter

CD-R/CD-RW compatibility

MP3 playback using optional ECLIPSE Commander Advance

Full dot VF display

Power tilting front panel

Digital input

Auxiliary input

Remote Controller 1602 (optional)
a few corrections, list price is $549, and it comes with the 1802 remote(the nob remote). If you want the balanced line adaptor, I believe it is $100. I have this deck, and it sounds very nice.

I just want to bump in for Eclipse, I am running Eclipse and the quality and features are excellent but its SQ is still top notch but not as top as some of the top end Nachamichi's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.