n00b Help with entry level setup?

Brotherali
10+ year member

ABQ, NM
First off I am a n00b and would really love to have some guidance from the experts.

So I currently have two polk 10" 104 in a prefabed box. I paid like $30 for it knowing I would probably want to upgrade later well the time is now! I think I could sell the polk's+box for around $150ish.

Amp: Audiopipe 1300

300W at 4 Ohm

600W at 2 Ohm

1000W at 1 Ohm

What I really dont like about the polks is that they are boomy sounding and also 1 dimensional (the bass coming from them seems to not have much range). I would love to be able to turn it up and really feel the bass but I also dont want something boomy. I would make a box for the polks but there is no specs on them so I figured why not just start fresh with something more legit. On $150 is there a woofer you guys would recommend that matches my criteria?

Edit: This is in a 96 accord I was hoping for a single sub that could maybe wire down to 1 ohm

An alpine type r 12" is around $150. If you brought your price up to around $200 you could get stuff like an American Bass XFL or Sundown SA. All of those subs would be a good match for your amp. They all have dual voice coils, so you would want a 2 ohm dual voice coil sub. Wired in parallel it would be 1 ohm.

An alpine type r 12" is around $150. If you brought your price up to around $200 you could get stuff like an American Bass XFL or Sundown SA. All of those subs would be a good match for your amp. They all have dual voice coils, so you would want a 2 ohm dual voice coil sub. Wired in parallel it would be 1 ohm.
I agree with this if you are going single. If i was you i would consider going dual 12's.

for $150 Amazon.com: Hifonics Brutus BRZ12D4 12-Inch 4-Ohm DVC Subwoofer: Car Electronics

C2 Audio threatcon for the price $129 with free ship

Threatcon-2-2T.jpg
Threatcon-2-3.jpg
Threatcon-2-4.jpg
Threatcon-2-5.jpg

Looks like C2 audio is a very good deal. Could anyone please link me to an appropriate box design?

EDIT: Also I dont see the dual 2ohm are they just out of stock?

Looks like C2 audio is a very good deal. Could anyone please link me to an appropriate box design?
EDIT: Also I dont see the dual 2ohm are they just out of stock?
C2 Audio Threatcon-2

Haven't heard a whole lot about the C2's but what little I have heard has been good. What kind of box do you have the Polk's in? I'd try a ported box and give them around a 1.25 cu. ft. each tuned to around 32-36. Had a pair of the 12's way back and I loved them. One of my fave "budget" woofers.

for $150 Amazon.com: Hifonics Brutus BRZ12D4 12-Inch 4-Ohm DVC Subwoofer: Car Electronics
No...

C2 Audio Threatcon-2
Haven't heard a whole lot about the C2's but what little I have heard has been good. What kind of box do you have the Polk's in? I'd try a ported box and give them around a 1.25 cu. ft. each tuned to around 32-36. Had a pair of the 12's way back and I loved them. One of my fave "budget" woofers.
I dont know the cu ft this is the enclosure:

Fierce Audio Xed 10" inch Dual Ported Subwoofer Enclosure PSP210 1 | eBay

But today when taking a picture I notice some damage to one of the surrounds (recently had to carry something in the trunk) so I would definitely want to sell them at this point.

The Obsidian Audio 12 is $119 right now pre ordered. There nice subs for the money and can get plenty loud in the right box.
Comes to $160 after shipping. Are they better than the C2's that many people seem to rave about?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.