N00b Comp Question.

Blove1991
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Okay, front stage is something I have NO experience in.

I bought a set of PG RSD's 6.5 component set.

Do I need a 2 channel amp to run to both of my crossovers to feed the mids and the tweets or a 4 channel amp to run each individual piece?

If I do the 2 channel route, would it split the RMS between the mid and tweet??

Go ahead, let the flaming begin:rage:

You will notice your crossovers have only one set of speaker inputs and two sets of outs. This is for one amp channel to power one set of speakers (tweeter/mid). So as said above, 2 channel is all you need.

There! 1st post out of the way! Now I can concentrate on misleading the masses with out of date jargon and antiquated theory.

Okay well that almost clears everything up...

The comp set is rated at 60 RMS. So does this mean the mid and the tweet should only get 60RMS on each side? OR can the tweet and mid split 120w RMS?

:\

Only 60. But I had a set of RSD's on about 100 watts for a year. They were fine, just keep the gain down a little and watch your volume and you should be ok.

Okay well that almost clears everything up...
The comp set is rated at 60 RMS. So does this mean the mid and the tweet should only get 60RMS on each side? OR can the tweet and mid split 120w RMS?

:\
Get a 60 watts amp then. ID say a 100 watt for overhead or a 150 watt to give them some extra juice.

If you do ever have a set like my old Optis where the mids are rated for more than the tweets than the crossovers will take care of the tweets. An SAX 125.2 or something similar would be perfect for you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.