My underpowered setup, can I get some advice?

Participant count
  • Participant list

sole cal
10+ year member

Well I have 2 12" Kicker L7s (Dual 4). My old amp got messed up so my friend gave me his brand new JBL bpx500.1. That amp at 4 ohms produces around 750-790 watts. And I know that my L7s can handle 750 rms each and I am giving each a little bit more then 350. But I dont feel the need if buying a new amp right now, and I think this is fine, Im not a basshead, my car stock system is just horrible so I would like some bass. Will my 4 gauge wire work fine with this setup? Is there anything else that I need to know? Should I wire at 4 ohms or 1 ohms? This amp actually produces more watts at 4 ohms, weird, i know.

4 gauge will be fine... Just don't try to make up for the lack of power with the gain knob. If you're happy with it, roll with it.
Yeah, thats what I heard, underpowering is fine because its like turning down the volume etc. until you mess with the gain which causes clipping. Is the 4 gauge fine for both 4 ohm and 1 ohm? Which do you recommend?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.